Author Topic: Mitel 6920 VOIP PHONE, Mivoice border firmware reset to SIP  (Read 2507 times)

Offline ixmcpe001

• View Profile
Mitel 6920 VOIP PHONE, Mivoice border firmware reset to SIP
« on: January 27, 2022, 10:47:13 AM »
I brought a Mi-tel 6920 Softphone used on eBay,
I have reset the factory settings of it by going to the advanced menu password(73738)

it is in a MI Voice Connect Border config and I need it to be in a Manual Configuration I attempted to go into its web UI by using its IP address but it refuses to connect, I used chrome, edge, internet explorer 10 and also on my iPhone but still refuses, when i try to change for EX: display brightness it says request failed. and also ring tone settings, it shows contacting server 0.0.0.0 at 95%

I want to set up this phone to work with VOIP phone services like ring central but the phone is in  MI voice mode and I need it to be in manual configuration

I found a firmware and put it in a use flash drive and attempted to load the firmware from the usb port on the phone but it didn't work

Offline bojo387

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 6920 VOIP PHONE, Mivoice border firmware reset to SIP
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 10:15:57 PM »
Have you tried TFTP instead? Use something like Pumpkin or TFTPD on your PC, load the SIP FW to your TFTP folder and point the phone to your IP address. The Admin guide also details the different options.

Also 6900 series are blocked from being used with 3rd party SIP systems. However, I have seen a post here that explains how you can work around that limitation.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10