Author Topic: Need Help With Upcoming Project  (Read 3097 times)

Offline Jaelluiz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Need Help With Upcoming Project
« on: January 12, 2022, 10:40:28 AM »
Hi Friends,

I am totally new to mitel.

We have recently decided to implement mitel IP phones. The intent is to connect computers to the IP phones, as in a standard deployment.

The IP phones will be in Vlan 20, subnet 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 & the PCs will be in Vlan 1, subnet 172.16.1.0 255.255.255.0.

We will use the mitel 3300 MxE as the dhcp server for the phones, and another dhcp server in vlan 1 for the computers.

I need advice with the switch(cisco) side configuration regarding the following questions.

1. Switch port ==> Mitel 3300  (trunk  tag vlan 1, 20 or access vlan 20?)
2. Switch port ==> Mitel IP phone (trunk tag vlan 1, 20 or access vlan 1,  voice vlan 20?)
3. Is there a need for a gateway in voice vlan? as this is a flat layer 2 deployment for the IP Phones.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help With Upcoming Project
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 10:43:14 PM »
Set your switchport facing the 3300 controller to voice VLAN only, untagged; it will make your life easier. The phones are capable of using CDP to identify themselves as a phone to the switch, so they should just jump onto the voice VLAN and sent their DHCP request to the 3300 for the offer & options.

You will need a voice VLAN gateway at least for the 3300 to be able to get out to the internet for licensing and NTP time sync (unless you have a local NTP server).

Offline Jaelluiz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 05:21:15 AM »
Thanks Lundah :).

I found your post helpful. I shall update as soon as deployment is started.

Offline Jaelluiz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2022, 09:41:12 AM »
Hello Guys,

Been a while since my last post due to delays in acquiring the MXE and a couple AX boxes. All configurations, are now done and the mitel phones have been deployed and are working just fine.

I have another problem now and I need assistance. We have a section of offices in our premises where we have deployed hundreds of Cisco phones with a CUCM server and do not want to renew the license. We are looking to make the Cisco phones work with the MXE

I have been able to configure c7945 phones using SEPconfig files and they register with MXE through generic sip and perform basic call functions. However, call transfer does not work and gives the 'reorder' tone each time. I have searched the internet for clues and am exhausted.

Anybody to put me out of this misery?

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2022, 11:57:46 AM »
Just a guess - program another appearance of the phone's extension (multicall key) on each SIP phone.

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2022, 08:11:33 PM »
Good suggestion. Have had to do this before for Konftel phones.

Just a guess - program another appearance of the phone's extension (multicall key) on each SIP phone.

Offline Jaelluiz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2022, 01:13:55 AM »

Hi Lowradiation, thanks for the suggestion, but how can I go about this? Do you mean to include the phone's extension in each Sip phone's XML file? Please could you shed more light.

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2022, 06:25:05 PM »
On the Mitel 3300 PBX go to the key programming of the SIP extension and add a multicall key with the same extension number as the primary DN.

Offline Jaelluiz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2022, 10:23:58 AM »
Hi Lowradiation. Thanks for your insight. My profound gratitude.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10