Author Topic: Ring tone changed when firmware updated to 6.3 SP7  (Read 1899 times)

Offline mattybrownuk

• View Profile
Ring tone changed when firmware updated to 6.3 SP7
« on: January 04, 2022, 10:00:22 AM »
Hi

We updated our MiVoice Office 250 to 6.3 (SP7) over the Christmas break and have found that all of our handsets now have a different ring tone.

I can't see any mention of this in the release notes.  I know I could go to each handset and use the "Ring Tone Selection" feature code to change the ring type from 1 to 2 on each phone individually, but that's time consuming... there must be a way of changing it from DB Programming?

Thanks,
Matty.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ring tone changed when firmware updated to 6.3 SP7
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 10:09:45 AM »
mattybrownuk,

I don't believe we have access to that function unless it is one of the spare bytes or metadata in Online Monitor. I think you can change the volume of a phone via Online Monitor so it is possible that the phones ringtone is also a value that can be changed, but I have never tried to do it.

Sorry,

TE

Offline bobr1

• View Profile
    • Conway Communications, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 10:31:06 AM »
You can do it from the main page of each phone with on-line monitor.

Offline mattybrownuk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 04:50:43 AM »
Thanks guys

I wonder if I modify the value using Online Monitor on a single handset, would I then be able to copy the settings from one phone to another, or would I have to manually edit each phone?

Very odd that the ringtone has been altered by a firmware update.  We've updated ours annually since 2013 and it's never changed the ringtone.

Thanks,
Matty.

Offline cahrens

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 12:24:04 PM »
I experienced the same problem when upgrading from 6.3 SP4 to 6.3 SP7. Had to hit each phone and change the ringtone setting. The reason for the upgrade was to resolve the TLS problem with Office 365.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10