Author Topic: Callers can't hear agents  (Read 3819 times)

Offline D19RJP

• View Profile
Callers can't hear agents
« on: December 23, 2021, 09:30:38 AM »
Hi

We are looking to deploy some Mitel handsets alongside the MiCollab softphone's that are currently being used, but have run into a bit of a block.

When the hot desk users are logged onto the desk phones (mainly 5530e IP) they can hear the caller, but they can't be heard. I have been through the switch setup and can see that they are on the correct VLAN by the IP address and it's also confirmed as the phone boots. I have played around with various settings, but I can't get this issue resolved. Unfortunately, networking is not my strongest point.

We are using Netgear S3300-28X-PoE+ Prosafe switches. I have tried manually setting the VLANS up and also using the Auto-VoIP option, using the below instructions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4PuVEYxkQ5od0REZVNSVlhLX2lQMTdOb283S3BiYWFxRkdr/view?resourcekey=0-teDMN81yabPbzpoKGltH5g

Does anyone have any suggestions to what else I can try?

Thanks

Richard

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Callers can't hear agents
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 09:55:15 AM »
Is it one way audio?  As a general rule, one way audio is always network routing.
You can test this by calling another device on the same VLAN. If it works there, the the audio is being blocked by a firewall, routing or perhaps the PBX doesn't have the VLAN in it's allowed networks.

Ralph

Offline D19RJP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 10:24:18 AM »
Hi Ralph

Thanks for the reply. I have asked our support partner to check that the voice vlan ip range is allowed. I've tested internally and get the same thing. The agent on the desk phone can hear, but can't be heard. I wonder if it could be a setting on the SIP trunks? But, then again would that not effect the MiCollab softphones as well?

Thanks.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2021, 12:03:59 PM »
I'm not an expert with the softphone but I suspect that if you fix the issue with the 5300 devices you'll probably fix the softphones as well.
The way the 3300 works is 1) the 3300 sets the call up. 2) when the call is answered it drops out of the loop so that it's talking device to device and no audio goes through the 3300.  So you need to be sure the device VLANS can talk to each other. If they're on the same VLAN then they probably already can.

Ralph

Offline D19RJP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2021, 05:46:39 AM »
The soft phones are ok, it's only the desk phones.

I've tried 2 phones on the same switch and called each other and I still get the same issue. They show as connecting to the correct VLAN and are on the correct IP range. So this would possibly point to an issue with the FW not allowing voice through? Or perhaps Codec's on the SIP trunks?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2021, 09:20:14 AM »
The soft phones are ok, it's only the desk phones.

I've tried 2 phones on the same switch and called each other and I still get the same issue. They show as connecting to the correct VLAN and are on the correct IP range. So this would possibly point to an issue with the FW not allowing voice through? Or perhaps Codec's on the SIP trunks?

If the 2 phones are on the same switch, VLAN, and subnet, and making an extension-to-extension call, the firewall and SIP trunks aren't even involved at that point. It's a networking issue.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10