Author Topic: Call History DB setup  (Read 2875 times)

Offline Bigpomaha

• View Profile
Call History DB setup
« on: December 20, 2021, 09:03:37 AM »
Hello All,

We have been tasked with setting up the call history in the Mivoice Business Console.  There doesn't seem to be any step by step instructions on doing this.  The help file is pretty vague.   Can someone point me in the right direction?  What DB software, where does it need to be?  Any help is appreciated.  There just doesn't seem to be that much out there about setting things up

Thanks

Perry

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Call History DB setup
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 01:37:32 PM »
That depends on what you're looking for.  Are you looking for a full blown call accounting system or just a way to keep all call records.
A cheap and dirty way of doing it is to just run the command "logs re smdr new 5000".  That command will show you the newest 5000 call records.  You can then copy and paste the results into a spreadsheet.  The system overwrites anything older than 20,000 call records.

Ralph

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 09:04:34 PM »
On the MiVB Console it's...interesting. You have to install a local instance of PostgreSQL. If you have access to Mitel KMS, check article HO3680 for the details.

Offline Bigpomaha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2021, 09:58:24 AM »
Thanks guys for the replies.  I seem to have gotten things setup.  In the Mivoice Bus help file there is nothing on setup but after digging I did get the admin Install guide.  Yes i did have to install Postgres DB.  The Mivoice Business Console Admin Help Doc has the entire instructions starting on page 19.  Thanks again for the replies. 

Offline Bigpomaha

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2021, 09:02:57 AM »
Anyone have any Postgres DB skills???  It appears that my local network users (same subnet) can connect just fine but my console operators in a branch office cannot send and receive data.  They can connect to the DB but they see NO call history at all, not even their own.  I tried multiple entries in the PG_HBA.CONF file but had no success.  There must some other setting that needs added and i have been at it for 3 days now.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2021, 02:04:37 PM »
Anyone have any Postgres DB skills???  It appears that my local network users (same subnet) can connect just fine but my console operators in a branch office cannot send and receive data.  They can connect to the DB but they see NO call history at all, not even their own.  I tried multiple entries in the PG_HBA.CONF file but had no success.  There must some other setting that needs added and i have been at it for 3 days now.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

I would run something like tcpview on a working and non working station to see if the required ports are open. I believe it just needs the standard PG ports (5432, I think?) open, but run the tool and compare the ports in use between the 2 and that should tell you what's happening.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10