Author Topic: DTMF Tone Issue w/Verizon Wireless?  (Read 1078 times)

Offline funkhouse9

• View Profile
DTMF Tone Issue w/Verizon Wireless?
« on: November 22, 2021, 02:33:57 PM »
I'm an end user seeking input while our phone tech and PRI provider scratch their heads. Our Mitel 3300 system is having an issue just in the last few weeks where when the auto attendant picks up, if you try to dial a 3 digit extension it will stop after you've dialed the first 2 digits and say "you are being transferred to... you are being transferred to....) and then dumping the caller to the operator even though that's not what you dialed/started to dial. We seem to have tied this issue to Verizon Wireless phones specifically. It works consistently with other carriers, landlines, Google Voice, etc., and consistently fails when calling from a VZW phone. Our tech is able to consistently replicate the issue and indicates that Verizon Wireless seems to be sending extra digits/DTMF tones when connected to our IVR (whatever that is). Because it's only happening with VZW, they don't believe it's our Mitel system. I expect the PRI provider (not Verizon) is likely going to say it's not them either.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: DTMF Tone Issue w/Verizon Wireless?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 12:11:08 PM »
I don't know if the CCS Trace will pick this up or not but that will need to be reviewed and see if indeed accepting a random third digit. If this was a VZW problem I'd think it would be pretty massive in scale.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10