Author Topic: Fun with Raspberry Pi  (Read 2665 times)

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Fun with Raspberry Pi
« on: November 18, 2021, 07:59:09 AM »
~~ Continued from topic in the introduction section ~~

Welcome.
Any experience with a Raspberry Pi?

Ralph

Hi Ralph! I'm no ninja with them but have a few dotted around the radio studio I built and maintain for a LPFM (we call them Community Radio in the UK) performing audio streaming reception and running clocks and info displays on big screens. Planning to spin one up in the home office to run 3CX and replace my aging Linksys SPA9000 at some point. (If anyone has reciprocal info on how to attach a Linksys SPA4000 4 port FXO device to 3CX I'll be keen to chat!)

Rubberspanner,
One of the things I'd like to do with a Raspberry Pi is to use it for something similar to being a source of Music On Hold via SIP.  I need to connect it to an external audio source.  In my first case, a TV monitor, and then use that as a source.  I've been able to do it with internet radio stations and Youtube but I need to connect to an external source. So far I haven't been able to make that happen.
I've been using Freeswitch as the main SIP switch but I'm certainly open to other software packages.  My problem is that I haven't been able to get Freeswitch to recognize the mic.

Ralph

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Fun with Raspberry Pi
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 07:55:52 PM »
Like where you are going, cheap device for MOH serving.  Shouldn't be to hard to get there IMHO

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 07:52:25 AM »
That's what I thought as well.  But I haven't been able to get Freeswitch to recognize the mic on the Rpi.

Technically it's not for MOH. It's for use connecting to a TV so that people can listen to it from across the room.
Gotta hear what's happening the football games.

Ralph

Offline rubberspanner

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2021, 11:06:00 AM »
Hi Ralph.

Apologies for the delay in responding, my new role with the company I'm now working with has changed quite significantly and I've been pulled from pillar to post and then came down with the dreaded sickness in between. Thankfully all back online now and feeling better.

Now I can certainly configure a Pi to stream audio via RTP using something like Darkice but getting that to be managed by SIP signalling is a little beyond my code skills that really only extend to Avaya Vectoring and Nortel Symposium applications unfortunately. I'll certainly do some investigation and see if any of my dev friends know of a way to do this and will get back to you.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 07:47:55 AM »
Hi Ralph.

Apologies for the delay in responding, my new role with the company I'm now working with has changed quite significantly and I've been pulled from pillar to post and then came down with the dreaded sickness in between. Thankfully all back online now and feeling better.

Now I can certainly configure a Pi to stream audio via RTP using something like Darkice but getting that to be managed by SIP signalling is a little beyond my code skills that really only extend to Avaya Vectoring and Nortel Symposium applications unfortunately. I'll certainly do some investigation and see if any of my dev friends know of a way to do this and will get back to you.

Thank you so much!

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10