Author Topic: Management Studio Install on Windows 10 fail  (Read 1974 times)

Offline mitel361

• View Profile
Management Studio Install on Windows 10 fail
« on: November 17, 2021, 10:55:30 PM »
MiVCR version 9.2.  Installs fine on many of our Windows 10 computers, but having issues with a few.

After clicking the 'Get Started' and seeing the download progress, get an error "Cannot Start Application"  "Application download did not succeed.  Check your network connection, or contact your system administrator or network service provider".

Run IE as administrator and deleting the 2.0 folder did not fix.
Deleting the user profile did not fix.
Same issue with another user on the same computer.
Works fine for the same user on another computer.
I disabled AV software... no change.
GPO Security setting "User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator"... enabled

Definitely a Windows 10 setting, just cannot pin point. 

Thanks for any info.

Offline TroyDavis

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Management Studio Install on Windows 10 fail
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 11:41:56 AM »
Have had simular problems on Windows 10 computers where .NET is not installed and the computers are set to get Windows update from WSUS or other locations besides directly from microsoft.

Moving the computer to an OU that allows it to install windows updates directly alllows the Managment studio to pull in the .NET items it needs. Then move it back to the orginal OU.

Hope this helps.

Offline mitel361

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 08:49:24 AM »
Thanks TD, gave it a shot, but luck.  I had seen what you mention before when trying to install Windows RSAT.  The setting can be set by local GP. 

"Open Local Group Policy panel, Go to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\enable "Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair" and tick ""Download repair content and optional features directly from Windows Update instead of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)""

I have put WireShark and captured the event.  For some reason the MiVCR Server is resetting the connection after getting to about 4% of the download. 

Stumped for sure; time consuming as well.  I may reboot the server for grins.

Offline mitel361

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 09:42:43 AM »
Something not allowing the ClickOnce install of this software to complete (fails at downloading).  Several computers impacted.  Due to the amount of time this was starting to consume, I used the MSI install - something I completely forgot about.
On the MiVCR server:
1. Locate the CTS.NET folder: C:\Program Files\CTS.NET\MSI Clients (copy to local pc)
2. Click on the appropriate MSI Client to launch the Install Wizard.

The downside is that any computer with this must now be managed differently (no self upgrade).  However, we're at the end of this product anyhow.

MSI install worked.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10