Author Topic: Hello - New user from UK  (Read 2462 times)

Offline rubberspanner

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hello - New user from UK
« on: November 17, 2021, 07:40:39 AM »
Greetings all  :)

My first message in this group so I'd better say hello and give my brief! Started out in data at a very young age and moved into corporate telecoms just over 20 years ago with plenty of 2-wire experience under my belt. That progressed into IP voice a few years later and the bulk of my experience has been with Avaya products & services. This year I have started a new role and this also includes working on a hosted Mitel platform so I'm re-learning quite a few ways of doing the same thing on a new platform and naturally coming up against a few issues. Having been an observer on this forum for a few months it strikes me you're a really nice bunch and no doubt I can throw some of my woes out there and hopefully get some great help back.

Other skills include electronics - specifically audio, broadcasting, recording, public address if anyone needs help in those fields!

Cheers  8)

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Hello - New user from UK
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 07:48:02 AM »
Welcome.
Any experience with a Raspberry Pi?

Ralph

Offline rubberspanner

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2021, 08:25:13 AM »
Welcome.

Ralph

Hi Ralph! I'm no ninja with them but have a few dotted around the radio studio I built and maintain for a LPFM (we call them Community Radio in the UK) performing audio streaming reception and running clocks and info displays on big screens. Planning to spin one up in the home office to run 3CX and replace my aging Linksys SPA9000 at some point. (If anyone has reciprocal info on how to attach a Linksys SPA4000 4 port FXO device to 3CX I'll be keen to chat!)

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 05:01:13 PM »
Welcome. We certainly can discuss Nyquist and compression algorithms. :-)

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2021, 07:52:21 AM »
I'm going to move this topic to the Non-Mitel Chatter section.  I'd like to continue the discussion.
http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php/topic,14131.0.html
Ralph

Welcome.

Ralph

Hi Ralph! I'm no ninja with them but have a few dotted around the radio studio I built and maintain for a LPFM (we call them Community Radio in the UK) performing audio streaming reception and running clocks and info displays on big screens. Planning to spin one up in the home office to run 3CX and replace my aging Linksys SPA9000 at some point. (If anyone has reciprocal info on how to attach a Linksys SPA4000 4 port FXO device to 3CX I'll be keen to chat!)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 08:00:36 AM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10