Author Topic: Incoming call loops - on analogue trunks  (Read 1586 times)

Offline rick

• View Profile
Incoming call loops - on analogue trunks
« on: November 10, 2021, 12:32:25 PM »
On my last two installs, I have had a similar issue with incoming call loops. Both used analogue trunks.
The first install was set to ring a hunt group, which is unanswered recalled to a CRACRA message and this timed out to the general mailbox voicemail. One day after install the general mailbox has 355 empty 5-second messages from the same caller id and seemed to be receiving a call from them every 2 minutes. It looked like something internally was 'redialling' the CRA to me and then directing it to the timeout 'voicemail' I eventually reset the system as we were unable to stop it any other way.
Then on a different install yesterday - as soon as we connected to the analogue trunks we received a call to line 1 and the answer hunt group. Then after hanging up, the same number called line 1 again and again, ringing the hunt group phones but there was never anyone on the line. This time we unplugged the line 1 cable and twisted it together to make it busy. Then when we reconnected a few minutes later, it worked properly and has worked since.

I wondered if this could be the same issue - either with my programming or maybe even the provider ( same trunk provider for both) It seemed to happen on the first incoming call when the live trunks were connected.

Anyone else ever experienced something like this?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Incoming call loops - on analogue trunks
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 01:49:38 PM »
Sounds like you have the CRA in the Overflow or Announce position of the Hunt Group... They don't work the way you think they do... It should only be in the Recall point.

Offline rick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 03:29:25 PM »
Thanks Ace - I just checked the backup I have. The CRA IS on the recall and overflow and announce are set to None.
The CRA is 404 and I do have 404 set as the transfer recall destination in its own settings (CRA404 Transfer recall is 404) 
CRA 404 times out to CRA 408 which has no greeting but times out to General Mailbox 100. (Which is where the messages were being left)  CRA 408 Transfer recall destination is also 408.
Could it be that since the customer didnt leave a message, the 'transfer' to the mailbox recalls to the CRA over and over again?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2021, 01:39:52 PM »
rick,

Are you making sure to run the Loop Loss and Hybrid Balance Test on each of the lines after connecting them up?

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 01:44:05 PM »
It sounds like lack of disconnect from the CO, causing a loop. I stopped having anything time out to a mailbox years ago.

Make them dial a digit to leave a message, always time out to Hang Up.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10