Author Topic: 2nd GW - truly needed?  (Read 1589 times)

Offline go_marlins

• View Profile
2nd GW - truly needed?
« on: November 05, 2021, 03:11:25 PM »
In our Miami Office with ~ 900 people, we currently have

Mitel 3000 MXXe-III (software v. = 8.x)
Mitel Border Gateway (MBG) (software = 10.0)

There are 4 PRIs from AT&T coming into the location and connected to the aforementioned controller.

We also have a pair of SonicWall Firewalls

The MBG is running as a VM on an internal cluster that we can allocate as much or as little CPU/Disk/Memory as necessary.

We wish to switch to a SIP environment and thus are in the process of ordering a SIP trunk with 100 concurrent calls that will ride a 10 Gb/s circuit into the premise.

In our environment we have about 70 remote users using the MiCollab software on their PCs. Thus we have Mitel teleworker enabled/functional.

We do NOT use WebRTC Gateway nor much that would be classified as UCC from Mitel.

Question: To enable the SIP trunk, what options do we have? And/Or what else do we need to buy/configure?

As in - is our currently installed GW sufficient or do we need a 2nd install of the MBG to dedicate to the to-be installed SIP trunk?

thank you

George W.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd GW - truly needed?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 03:11:56 PM »
With the 10 GB connection I would like you are fine to run both Sip trunking and teleworkers on the same MBG. I might give it more horse power, but you would need to 100 sip trunk licenses on both the primary controller and this MBG proxy. Set the peer up to use the proxy and I think you will be good.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10