Author Topic: MiCollab 9.3.0 and iOS app issues / unreliable incoming calls?  (Read 1738 times)

Offline dfahey

• Contributer
    • View Profile
MiCollab 9.3.0 and iOS app issues / unreliable incoming calls?
« on: November 03, 2021, 04:10:49 PM »
Hello! New here and new to Mitel. I am having quite a few reports on our system mainly about the softphone application on MiCollab being insanely unreliable. We have quite a few users that use it, but have also been running into the same issue in testing.

I more or less have two issues:
  • Issue 1: When a user gets a call, it will not display that they are being called unless the app is open in the foreground. If the app is closed, there is no notification. I am able to recreate this issue on my 13 Pro running the latest iOS.
  • Issue 2: How come softphone doesn't show up in the browser/desktop app most of the time? Sometimes it does and I'm able to register the softphone and use it via the browser or the MiCollab app on the Microsoft store, but other times it does not show up in the bottom right corner.
Also, I does Mitel offer training or some sort of class/webinar that you guys use as a resource?

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiCollab 9.3.0 and iOS app issues / unreliable incoming calls?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 05:57:34 PM »
as for #1, the app is supposed to get "woken up" and put to the foreground by a "push notification" sent to the phone by the mitel server. Sometimes it can take a while to get through but if it doesn't work at all then something is not working correctly.

Once the app gets in the foreground, it connects and re-registers with sip to MBG and then MBG will forward the pending INVITE to the set via that sip connection and the ringing should begin.

Offline dfahey

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: MiCollab 9.3.0 and iOS app issues / unreliable incoming calls?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 06:18:01 PM »
as for #1, the app is supposed to get "woken up" and put to the foreground by a "push notification" sent to the phone by the mitel server. Sometimes it can take a while to get through but if it doesn't work at all then something is not working correctly.

Once the app gets in the foreground, it connects and re-registers with sip to MBG and then MBG will forward the pending INVITE to the set via that sip connection and the ringing should begin.

Ah okay, that makes perfect sense. However, I have looked over all the push notification settings and played around with it in the app and I cannot get it to ring if the app is closed. Does it need to be open at all times to accept incoming calls?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10