Author Topic: Transferring to a Hunt Group from an Application  (Read 1313 times)

Offline GCD

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Transferring to a Hunt Group from an Application
« on: November 02, 2021, 11:45:04 PM »
I have an CRA that times out to a Hunt Group. If I direct a DID directly to the CRA it works fine. The company's main number goes to a CRA that has a digit translation to transfer to the collected extension. If I make an Extension ID or VM for the CRA and enter that number from the main menu I get a message that "Extension Number [Hunt Group] is not available." Yet, if I make in the same CRA a digit translation for the collected extension and I manually enter the Hunt Group number it works fine!

I tried having the CRA go to a phantom which is either forwarded to the HG or uses System Forwarding to the HG and then the Phantom reports as not available.

Why can't I transfer calls to the HG?

Thanks!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Transferring to a Hunt Group from an Application
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 08:08:14 AM »
GCD,

This should have been explained in your training class if you are a certified technician. Also, you need to be more clear as what you have written makes no sense at all, but I think I understand what you are having a problem with.

If you want to transfer to an extension on the phone system as a Digit Translation you need to make an associated Mailbox or Extension ID for it as the Voice Mail doesn't know anything about the extensions on the phone system even though they share an interface.

If you don't need a Mailbox to take messages then make it an Extension ID.

Thanks,

TE

Offline GCD

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2021, 01:38:09 AM »
Thank you for your response.

I actually did specify in the beginning of my post that I made an Extension ID. It should have anyway been self understood. If there's no mailbox or extension ID then you would get an Invalid Extension message when you tried it. That's not what's happening.

I'll try to explain it better.

The main DID goes to a phantom with a forward path to a CRA set to immediate. The Digit Translation of that CRA is set so if you dial 2 it goes to the Collected Extension. This works fine.

I made an application 2501 and gave it an Extension ID. I made a Hunt Group 2502 and gave it an Extension ID. CRA 2501 times out to HG 2502.

If I make a DID that goes straight to CRA 2501 then HG 2502 rings. CRA 2501 must obviously work.

If I enter 2501 from the main menu then I successfully get to CRA 2501.

If I set digit translation for number 2 in CRA 2501 to transfer to Collected Extension then I can call the main number, dial 2501 to get to the CRA then dial 2502 and the HG rings.

But:

If I set a digit translation number, say number 4, in 2501 to transfer to extension 2502 or if 2501 times out to 2502 then I get a message that Extension 2502 is Not Available. If I give 2502 a mailbox instead of an ID then the call will go straight to the mailbox and never ring on any phone.

For some reason when trying to transfer the call to the HG automatically either via a number on the menu or via timeout the system acts as though the entire hunt group is busy. The overflow on the HG is set to go to another CRA but even that doesn't happen. It treats it as totally busy.

Why might this be happening?

Thanks for your help!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 01:46:12 AM by GCD »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2021, 01:34:45 PM »
GCD,

My first guess, after that explanation is that you don't have Camp-On turned on your Hunt Group and you have no available members to take calls; i.e. its busy.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10