Author Topic: Inbound Caller ID shows "Loop Ports"  (Read 1326 times)

Offline roncjx3

• View Profile
Inbound Caller ID shows "Loop Ports"
« on: November 02, 2021, 04:25:53 PM »
I'm really new to all this so I may not use all the correct lingo... hopefully you can follow me.

Recently our inbound calls are showing "Loop Ports" on inbound caller ID's for most inbound calls. It used to show a name and/or number so it used to work as expected. We did have some changes to our lines as we we had 2 locations each on their own network & have now merged them onto one (this was done by an outside contractor who usually manages most of our phone system). Inbound calls to my DID will show the caller ID info, but the same caller calling our main line will show "Loop Ports" as the caller ID. I asked the outside contractor about the caller ID & he said it's on Comcast's end, but to me that doesn't make sense since it used to work as expected before the change was made.

Any ideas?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Inbound Caller ID shows "Loop Ports"
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 06:40:08 PM »
roncjx3,

Well, it could be that there is no Caller-ID presented and it is showing the Trunk ID instead or the phone that is getting the call is doesn't have Advanced CO Features turned on.

Look in the system for the name, "Loop Ports" to see what it is associated with; most likely the first entry I put will have the Loop Start Ports in it.
Some places you can look are:
System > Devices and Feature Codes > CO Trunk Groups: Look at the Username Field of each Trunk Group this is the location Loop Start Ports would be programmed.
System > Devices and Feature Codes > SIP Peers > SIP Trunk Groups: Look at the Username Field of each Trunk Group this is the location where SIP trunk ports would be programmed.
System > Trunk Related Information > Call Routing Tables > 1-15: Open each used Call Routing Table and look at all of the entries Description Field as this is where DID are programmed after the CRT is set in one of the two above Trunk Groups.

If it is the phone not being programmed correctly you can look at the phones flags.

System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > Ext### > Flags: Look for the following two flags and make sure both are set to Yes.

1. Expanded CO Call Information on Displays
2. Outside Party Call Information has Priority

There could be other reasons but I would say those are the top two.

Thanks,

TE

Offline roncjx3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 11:14:16 AM »
Thank you for this information... it was very helpful.

When I go to the 1st step you me advised "System > Devices and Feature Codes > CO Trunk Groups: Look at the Username Field of each Trunk Group this is the location Loop Start Ports would be programmed", I have 3 extensions & one of them has the description & Username of "Loop Ports"... so should the description & username be something else. This is what I see...

Extension     Description              Username
82001          PRI Trunks              PRI
82002          Loop Ports              Loop Ports
PP011          Unused CO Trunks

Again, I appreciate your help  :)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 09:22:21 AM »
roncjx3,

No, these are just labels, but when the Loop Start Ports associate with Trunk Group 82002 do not have Caller-ID associated with them you will the Username on the phone which is Loop Ports.

Now, if you are sure that you have Caller-ID on your POTS [Plain Old Telephone Service] lines associated with those Loop Start Ports then you will need to verify that the Loop Start Ports are configured correctly.

Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > Trunks: Look for any trunks that have 82002 in the Trunk Group column and double-click on them. If the service type is set to none then it depends on where you phone system is on whether you choose Bellcore FSK or BT FSK; I will let you figure that one out.

Also, if you see that the last Hybrid Balance Test was recent and that Connected to a CO is set to Yes. The last two are just pet peeves of mine and if you notice no audio issues with the phone lines then you will probably be ok to leave them as they are.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10