Author Topic: Mitel Linux - reboot in the future  (Read 1624 times)

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Mitel Linux - reboot in the future
« on: October 26, 2021, 05:12:39 PM »
So I used to be able to just do a "shutdown -r [time]" to reboot an MSL server at the designated time, but now (at least on a MiCollab 9.3 system), even if I specify a time in the future, NuPoint and MiCollab Client services are shut down immediately. Anyone have another method to do this? Normally I just need to bounce a MiCollab a few hours later, so no need to mess around in cron or anything complex, just looking for a simple command line command.

Offline imanm93

• Keep it simple!
    • View Profile
    • Iman Mohammadi's Blog
Re: Mitel Linux - reboot in the future
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 06:47:47 AM »
So I used to be able to just do a "shutdown -r [time]" to reboot an MSL server at the designated time, but now (at least on a MiCollab 9.3 system), even if I specify a time in the future, NuPoint and MiCollab Client services are shut down immediately. Anyone have another method to do this? Normally I just need to bounce a MiCollab a few hours later, so no need to mess around in cron or anything complex, just looking for a simple command line command.

Hi,
Even tough I'm not familiar with this version, But if it's based on Linux you can set a cron-job to do the reboot.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel Linux - reboot in the future
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 01:00:34 PM »
crontab works for scheduled regular reboots, but I was looking for a one-time deal. Found what I was looking for here:
https://danielgibbs.co.uk/2012/09/scheduling-a-reboot-on-linux-servers/

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10