Author Topic: MiVCR PVD patterns  (Read 1348 times)

Offline imanm93

• Keep it simple!
    • View Profile
    • Iman Mohammadi's Blog
MiVCR PVD patterns
« on: October 20, 2021, 05:47:14 PM »
Hello guys,

We have an old MiVCR that we lost all of the data on it and the only thing that we have is the vmdk disk including all the PVD files.
I asked to our developer team to help me out on creating a report based on MiCC reports and attach the appropriate PVD to them.
So, here is the question, anyone could possibly know how Mitel arrange the pattern of the PVD files? 

Thanks.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiVCR PVD patterns
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 02:38:25 AM »
Answered you in another forum as well.

I don't know if there is a pattern, it seems pretty random with file names. I'm sure there is meta data stored in them but no idea how to extract that.

Not sure if it's possible for you to install MiVCR again and do orphan recovery to get the data recreated.

Offline imanm93

• Keep it simple!
    • View Profile
    • Iman Mohammadi's Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 04:50:25 AM »
Answered you in another forum as well.

I don't know if there is a pattern, it seems pretty random with file names. I'm sure there is meta data stored in them but no idea how to extract that.

Not sure if it's possible for you to install MiVCR again and do orphan recovery to get the data recreated.

Thanks Sarond,
yeah I saw that as well and I appreciate it

I did  another installation with our provider and for testing purposes I add a directory to Orphan Recovery including 2 PVD files. Not sure how to check if the the records are backed or not, how can I check that?

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 05:18:47 AM by imanm93 »

Offline imanm93

• Keep it simple!
    • View Profile
    • Iman Mohammadi's Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 09:33:10 AM »
Found it!
Under Housekeeping> Status> Restore PVDs
Click on Run and give it the directory includes all the PVDs and then click on OK, It restored all of my files.
Thank you all

Offline imanm93

• Keep it simple!
    • View Profile
    • Iman Mohammadi's Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 10:20:52 AM »
Quick Update!!
When I use Restore PVD it works, but in the Directory of Shared Recording Files it will copy all of the PVDs no matter of what folder and subfolder it was on it. It's a complete mass.
Therefore, I went to "Housekeeping> Status> Orphan Recovery" and prior to that I was created a folder named "Restored" into my Shared Recording Folder and it works fine now.
The different between the first and second method is this:
In the first method, Call Recording Admin will copy all of your files into its previous defined directory and then link it to the database.
But, in the second method, it will link the database to your specified path, so you can arrange the files, folders and subfolders as you wish.
Thank you all again.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 10:24:45 AM by imanm93 »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10