Author Topic: Ten digit dialing, whine, whine, whine (users)...  (Read 1302 times)

Offline JeffonJohnsIsland

• View Profile
Ten digit dialing, whine, whine, whine (users)...
« on: October 20, 2021, 02:35:02 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:(

One or more user(s) is(are) whining.  They don't see what the problem is, even after explaining the change.  One user was joking with me (I think) and said you are causing the change/extra work since you are in charge of the phones.

Thinking about it, it's kind of like Y2K.  If I find and fix all* the seven digit numbers in the system ahead of time, user(s) will think I was full of Breezy Speculation.  If I don't find every seven digit number, they might just whine about calls that won't go out. 

Anyone else have users who are whining?

Hmmm, I guess I an whining now...  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jeff

*Attendant Console, System Speed Dials, Forwards, DEE cell phone numbers, etc..

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ten digit dialing, whine, whine, whine (users)...
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 02:42:21 PM »
JeffonJohnsIsland,

There isn't much to do in order for the MiVO-250 to dial 10-digit within its own Local Area Code(s).

What exactly are you doing to "fix" all of the seven digit numbers?

Are you actually trying to setup the system to allow them to dial 7-digit and send it out at 10-digit for each area and office code combination?

If that is the case then good luck making that work seamlessly unless you only have 1 Area Code to work with.

Thanks,

TE

Offline JeffonJohnsIsland

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 02:49:59 PM »
Well, the receptionists have seven digit cell phone numbers in the Attendant Console, system speed dial have, err had seven digit numbers and most of the users DEE had seven digit cell numbers. 

Are you saying I didn't have/don't need to change the seven digit numbers in the Attendant Console, System Speed Dial and DEE cell phone numbers?

Wow, I hope I didn't make a big deal out of nothing!

Jeff

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 11:56:21 AM »
JeffonJohnsIsland,

IF you have only one Area Code to work with then you didn't need to make changes to all of those individual entries.

You could have just added a new Dial Rule that adds the Area Code and then use that whenever someone dials a 7-digit number to turn it in to a 10-digit number when dialing out.

The new FCC requirements just say it has to leave the MLTS as 10-digits and not that the users have to always dial 10-digits within the system.

Of course to make it "better" in the long run it is best-practice to just force them to dial 10-digits and not allow for 7-digit dialing. This becomes more apparent in areas where there is more than one Area Code allowed for 10-digit on their Carrier Plan. Just keep in mind that you only have 16 Home Area Codes that you can program in to allow for 10-digit Local dialing.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10