Author Topic: Embedded Voice mail to Email using Office 365  (Read 2928 times)

Offline edbmam

• View Profile
Embedded Voice mail to Email using Office 365
« on: October 18, 2021, 11:41:09 AM »
Hello!!

Voice mail to Email using Office 365
can vm to email for embedded work to office365?
According to some investigation, would need to use a relay server for SMTP as we do not have the needed setting to get this to work wth 365.
For embedded VoiceMail you could use IMAP.

But When I refer to IMAP, do I mean IMAP to the relay server?  Is there way to have a direct connection between MiVB embedded voicemail to Office365?

Thanks!!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Embedded Voice mail to Email using Office 365
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 03:40:05 PM »
IMAP is for the Unified Messaging... meaning your voicemail and email are synced... For example, if you delete an email that is a voicemail, the message on the phone would be deleted as well. This requires a direct IMAP connection to the email server and entering the credentials for each user (or they enter it in the web portal of the 3300), and cannot use a relay server... I have never done this with embedded VM on the MiVB, but have done it multiple times on the MiVoice Office 250.

The Mitel 3300 does not support encrypted or authenticated email servers for regular voicemail to email, you must use a relay server... You can supply your own, or we often use Mitel Standard Linux/Mitel Border Gateway with no license and just use it's email server to act as a "relay". In this case, the MSL server *IS* the email server, and will send emails directly to recipients so no setup specific to O365 is required.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 03:48:32 PM by acejavelin »

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 02:44:50 PM »
Hi Ace - Do you have a doc for the MSL/MBG work around. Sounds viable for several of my sites that are lacking an IT Admin to configure a relay for me. THX!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 03:20:18 PM »
Hi Ace - Do you have a doc for the MSL/MBG work around. Sounds viable for several of my sites that are lacking an IT Admin to configure a relay for me. THX!
No document... Just install and configure trusted networks, then open Email Settings and then SMTP email injection restrictions and set to Trusted Networks.

Point your Mitel SMTP server to the IP address of the MSL server. It's literally that simple... No real tricks or hacking involved.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022, 03:21:29 PM »
No document... Just install and configure trusted networks, then open Email Settings and then SMTP email injection restrictions and set to Trusted Networks.

Point your Mitel SMTP server setting to the IP address of the MSL server. It's literally that simple... No real tricks or hacking involved.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10