Author Topic: Phones working fine in teleworker mode, except for 2 in another state  (Read 1230 times)

Offline trevorh

• Contributer
    • View Profile
We have a bunch of people working from home using their phones in teleworker mode. They're all working fine, but they're all within the same state as our office, and they are either using CenturyLink or Comcast. We now have 2 people working in a neighboring state using CenturyLink and they both have problems where they will hear static or screeching noises, mostly when trying to do recorded calls, but also when not. They have the newer model phone that has a cordless handset and a cordless headset. I've had one of them try using the handset instead of the headset, and he says it makes no difference. So I'm not sure if it's faulty equipment for both of them, or some weird networking issue that only they are having.

Offline trevorh

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Phones working fine in teleworker mode, except for 2 in another state
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 12:32:58 PM »
Actually it turns out one is on CenturyLink and the other is on Cox.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 01:22:53 PM »
Is your MBG in Server-Gateway (2 NICs, one public and one private) or server only (one NIC, behind firewall) mode?

Offline imanm93

• Keep it simple!
    • View Profile
    • Iman Mohammadi's Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 02:52:13 PM »
We have a bunch of people working from home using their phones in teleworker mode. They're all working fine, but they're all within the same state as our office, and they are either using CenturyLink or Comcast. We now have 2 people working in a neighboring state using CenturyLink and they both have problems where they will hear static or screeching noises, mostly when trying to do recorded calls, but also when not. They have the newer model phone that has a cordless handset and a cordless headset. I've had one of them try using the handset instead of the headset, and he says it makes no difference. So I'm not sure if it's faulty equipment for both of them, or some weird networking issue that only they are having.

It's not related to hardware or your configuration of only 2 of the clients have this issue.
It might be some networking issue from the source, where client is seated.
You can make sure by changing the hardware device from one of the clients with problem, with one of them without the problem in order to be sure where the problem exactly is.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10