Author Topic: MiVCR - Way to Offload Recordings?  (Read 1265 times)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
MiVCR - Way to Offload Recordings?
« on: September 23, 2021, 01:43:45 PM »
Hello Fellow Mitel Engineer's,
It has been far too long since I've been on here. back in 2018 I got out of the field and took a Sales Engineer position. (Supporting our sales in the selling of Mitel hosted cloud products)

A question came up, whereby a customer is unfortunately leaving us and they have the MiVCR. They are looking for a way to off load ALL of their call recordings.

Someone from our engineering team suggested that it is possible to have them exported to a SQL database, but then my question is if all the recordings are offloaded to some central storage can the recordings be categorized or easily referenced? (e.g. Name Date, Phone Number, Ext Number, etc.)

Funny, how just being out of the field for a few years makes those perishable skills deteriorate.

Thanks guys,
-Iron

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiVCR - Way to Offload Recordings?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 07:00:34 AM »
Call metadata is already in the SQL DB.
You can play the PVD files with "PVD Player". I believe the PVD files have the metadata in too, as I think it's possible to rebuild the DB from a pile of PVD files.
Your question boils down to, "Can I write a replacement for MiVCR to manage all these recordings I have?", to which the answer is, "Yes, of course, if you put the effort in"!

It's an interesting question because, with MiVCR nearing EOL, what are customers going to do who need to have access to historic recordings for regulatory reasons [or any other reason, really]? Is the license server going to be kept on so we can spin up the old MiVCR VM to pull a recording? Or are we going to have to just use file timestamps and guess which file it was and open it with PVD player?

Offline imanm93

• Keep it simple!
    • View Profile
    • Iman Mohammadi's Blog
Re: MiVCR - Way to Offload Recordings?
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 01:59:21 PM »
Hello Fellow Mitel Engineer's,
It has been far too long since I've been on here. back in 2018 I got out of the field and took a Sales Engineer position. (Supporting our sales in the selling of Mitel hosted cloud products)

A question came up, whereby a customer is unfortunately leaving us and they have the MiVCR. They are looking for a way to off load ALL of their call recordings.

Someone from our engineering team suggested that it is possible to have them exported to a SQL database, but then my question is if all the recordings are offloaded to some central storage can the recordings be categorized or easily referenced? (e.g. Name Date, Phone Number, Ext Number, etc.)

Funny, how just being out of the field for a few years makes those perishable skills deteriorate.

Thanks guys,
-Iron

It's not gonna be that hard!
The only thing that you need is to copy all of your PVD files into a cool disk or some external hard.
Then, if there is new MiVCR on new location with appropriate licensing, you can copy all of the PVDs into a directory and use "Orphan Recovery" to recover all of the data, StartDateTime, DNIS, ANI, Extension Description, Extension Number, Call Direction and so on, all are include in the PVDs and with the "Orphan Recovery" you can simply write down all the date to the new SQL instance.

IF, there is not any new installation or proper licensing on the new location, you can also export all the recording details in one of the SQL instance table called "dbo.Calls" which also includes the Path to PVD files for each record.
This method gonna be like this:
First, export all the data with headers and copy them into an Excel file. Let's name it Exports.xls, and for example it is in the root directory of your "D Drive"
Second, you copy all the recording onto a folder for instance named as "Recordings".
Third, You need to edit all of the PVD Paths in Exports.xls, for instance:
Replace "\\windowsname\recording\02\A0\NAME.PVD\ with "\\D:\recording\02\A0\NAME.PVD\" and make them all as hyperlink.
Last, you need to provide your customer with PVD Player since it's the only way to play PVD files, when they click on PVD Path, they can listen to recorded file.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10