Author Topic: No incoming calls for a year  (Read 871 times)

Offline LewisB21

• View Profile
No incoming calls for a year
« on: September 13, 2021, 06:43:00 AM »
Hi Guys,

Bit of a strange situation here. I am helping out a company who have told me that the number for one of their regional offices hasn't worked in a year. The location's main number and any direct dial of any user do not work. You get a mixture of "busy" and "not in service" tones when you attempt to call. The odd thing is they are able to make outbound calls.

I don't have too much experience with Mitel Communications Director, but I can see from the maintenance commands that the phones are present, connected and idle. I just don't know where I'd begin to even look at troubleshooting this, I've been looking at the Mitel 3300 ICP manual but I'm not getting very far with it.

Has anyone got any suggestions? It would be greatly appreciated.

Release Level: 5.0 SP2 PR1
Platform: MXe-III, 512MB RAM

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: No incoming calls for a year
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 08:02:53 AM »
Start by trying to identify if calls are actually reaching the MCD first.
Maint command Logs Read SMDR New 100 should show you the last 100 calls made in/out.  Make a couple of inbound calls to see if the SMDR shows anything.

Enter the command CCS Trace En Cont then make an inbound call.  If you don't a bunch of stuff pop up then the call isn't hitting the PBX.   (CCS Trace Dis will disable the last command)

If you don't see anything then get ahold of the carrier to have them tell you what's happening to the call.

Ralph

Offline LewisB21

• View Profile
Re: No incoming calls for a year
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 11:03:55 AM »
Hey Ralph,

That's really interesting. Your input has been very useful. Seems like there actually have been a few calls within the last few months (end users...!).

The CCS Trace showed nothing on a few lines we tried calling.

The SMDR log is quite difficult to read.

07/03 14:24  0000:01:57 T101    **** 9610                        9610         
                        013   T13101               9610               A0130352 A

An inbound call on July 3rd that took 13 seconds to answer that lasted 1 min 57 seconds to extension 9610?

We have made contact with the provider in the meantime.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10