Author Topic: Express Messenger password lost/changed - How to reprogram?  (Read 2158 times)

Offline Bevo

• View Profile
Express Messenger password lost/changed - How to reprogram?
« on: August 30, 2021, 01:12:15 PM »
Hello everyone!

I have a superconsole1000 / sx200rm 9109-600-002-na.

We keep console on night1 function. When customer calls in, greeted with recorded message. press 0 for front desk, dial room number to reach them directly. When the customer dialed 0, it would ring our cordless phones so we could leave the desk to be on property.

Dialing 0 loops back to greeting.

When i log into admin during greeting. * then 999, the password from there has been changed from the default im being told by the installer. We did not change it.

?1) Is it possible to reset password?

?2) If I need to replace the express messenger card, how do i go about setting it up to record greeting/using night function to reach cordless phones so we can use them on the property.

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help with this!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Express Messenger password lost/changed - How to reprogram?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 01:59:03 PM »
This is a tough question... I assume you have tried the Technician, Admin, and Installer passwords? Remember that they may be different if the default extension or password length has been changed, it is not uncommon for a 6 digit password to be set by default, make sure you are using the proper default passwords for those lengths. Sometimes that mailbox becomes 99 or 9999

If this is truly Express Messenger and not embedded express messenger in an ICP, then defaulting the card is a bit of a chore, but I haven't done it in probably 10 years so I don't know if the software will even work on new machines, or if it is still available from Mitel.

Purchasing a "new" card is impossible, it's been discontinued for decade, although several refurb houses likely have one available.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 06:25:26 PM »
Think it might still be on the inter-tel ftp site

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 05:57:37 PM »
Think it might still be on the inter-tel ftp site
All I can see there is the manager software and the 4.x to 4.11 software upgrade, not the full flash needed to default it out. :/

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10