Author Topic: e911 Setup  (Read 1374 times)

Offline jtbrown1111

• Contributer
    • View Profile
e911 Setup
« on: August 17, 2021, 06:12:24 PM »
I'm working to setup e911 to broadcast a DID for one of our locations so 911/EMS will have the address of our location.  I've setup the DID Range for CPN Sub and CPN Sub and all is working.  The problem I have is routing calls back into the pbx  ....

Outgoing Calls broadcast cpn of 541-XXX-XXXX ,  called party returns call to 541-XXX-XXXX and it's routed to the physical location of that phone but it's a call center with only agents so one person who isn't an agent gets all the calls.  Most of the time the called party just says' I'm returning your call " ,  and the agent doesn't know who called them.

Is there a way to broadcast 1 cpn for 911 and a different one for the party your calling ?   This would resolve the issue.

Thanks ...

Joel

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: e911 Setup
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 08:26:22 AM »
This is what the CESID field in Users and Devices is for. Any call routed out a route labelled EMERGENCY will use this as the caller ID as opposed to any other CPN Substitution. If the call is going out copper trunks instead of SIP the carrier will have restrictions on what they can display (in the US at least) so if this is a remote office you will want to use a copper trunk on the site itself or a SIP trunk.

Offline Ger Bear

• View Profile
Re: e911 Setup
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 02:50:55 PM »
We use hot desk and assign a CESID to that phone. Agents then log into whatever phone or move around but the CESID stays the same DID number and location per phone. The hot desk allows for operator and 911 calls only when logged out. When logged in it still reflects the hot desk CESID.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10