Author Topic: Greetings to Mitel Folk  (Read 3265 times)

Offline ^_p

• View Profile
Greetings to Mitel Folk
« on: August 12, 2021, 12:47:25 AM »
Hello Mitel Folks,

I stumbled into Mitel when I took over an existing phone setup for a 5000 PBX as an IT admin. I found after the initial learning curve that the equipment was well built and easy to use (thanks in part to this forum), and I was interested in setting up one for my own business. What would the recommended path and equipment be for someone that wants to serve a small office of 5 people and good old pots wiring. I wouldn't know where to start, and can't afford to become licensed or take any classes as a professional Mitel tech. I'm just interested in learning how to use this equipment, since I also admin some other IP lines, and I found the copper to be more reliable. If I could, I'd like to recommend / sell the Mitel copper equipment over anything that runs on UDP. But at the moment, VOIP is the easier / lower hanging fruit from my IT experience.

Any advice is appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 12:51:58 AM by ^_p »

Online johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings to Mitel Folk
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 06:08:43 PM »
For a small office as described, I would look at the Grandstream UCM6202 and run sip phones

Offline ^_p

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 05:28:49 AM »
This is an IP PBX, something I wasn't familiar with. I'll have to do a bit of research, but this might be more future proof than a PBX. I see there are a few different kinds (of IP PBX), but if I can get one that is a true hybrid, then it will allow me flexibility and I can choose whether to use the SIP asterisk tech, and / or go with the existing cat3 wiring.

I will look into this, thanks.

Offline teknoloji

• NOLTO Bilişim
    • View Profile
    • teknoloji
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2021, 01:52:05 PM »
Why Grandstream? Their softphone is not useful.
I'll suggest you look at 3CX and Yeastar solutions.

For a small office as described, I would look at the Grandstream UCM6202 and run sip phones
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 01:57:11 PM by teknoloji »

Online johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2021, 03:16:19 PM »
Why Grandstream? Their softphone is not useful.
I'll suggest you look at 3CX and Yeastar solutions.

I myself think it is a price point versus value received. I run a Grandstream in my house and find that for the money paid it handles what I need and that said should handle most customers requirements.

I don't think you need to run Grandstream's softphone, as I have run others on my system

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10