Author Topic: Inconsistent VM to email AGAIN  (Read 1408 times)

Offline dkimball

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Inconsistent VM to email AGAIN
« on: August 11, 2021, 05:44:46 PM »
Hey!

About a year ago I posted that our Office 365 configuration was intermittently failing at sending voicemails through the email system. I was using the correct port, but it was still failing. The solution workaround was using a gmail account to handle it.

That seemed to work for a bit, but now I'm getting an SMTP error 530 5.7.0, and it's failing at times for certain voicemails but not others, on the gmail account.

Any ideas or ways I can check? Since then I've gotten a new computer but haven't put the Mitel software on it, since they make a technician come out and install it for money. My manager has it on his computer still, so I can access stuff there potentially.

Thank you for your help,

Donald

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Inconsistent VM to email AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 09:21:49 PM »
I have never been able to get this to work consistently with Outlook 365. I usually have the customer get an email address from their ISP like companyvmail@isp.com and use that for Vmail to Email. 

Offline capabel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2021, 09:24:48 PM »
Can't help with the settings, but I use O365 and did notice a few random emails just not get sent, but not very often.  I can say however you should be able to just install the System Admin software your self.  Only takes a few minutes to install that and the db software. 

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 05:12:32 PM »
I've got a handful of these using O365 without issue. The biggest pain is getting the user to configure an app password for the mailbox when they have MFA enabled. Controller usually requires a reboot every 6 months or so to keep stuff happy in my experience.

Offline dkimball

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2021, 07:12:40 PM »
Interesting. Right now we have Multifactor set up as enabled, not enforced, to prevent the need for app passwords. This issue was happening before we were on MFA, though.

It's odd that it's happening whether the voicemail email is an O365 one or a Gmail one.

Is it just a broken feature to send voicemails to O365 accounts from Mitel? We're maybe considering moving to a VOIP for all our phone needs, this might be the final kick we need to do it.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2021, 08:20:32 AM »
What's the uptime on the system? Give it a reboot/reset if it's been up for a while. I just had one that had an uptime of 700 days and IMAP to O365 was not working, gave it a reboot and it's happy again.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10