Author Topic: Convert analog user to IP?  (Read 1240 times)

Offline capabel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Convert analog user to IP?
« on: August 09, 2021, 12:10:12 PM »
I have several users I need to switch from Analog phones to IP phones.  Not sure if this is the best way, but I'm basically setting up a new user and just deleting the old account.  Here are the steps
Create new ext with 52/54 phone type
Boot the phone and setup that ext on the phone
change the existing users ext to something else and move over their ext to the new IP phone I created.
Create new mailbox and assign it to the user.

Doing it this way requires the user to setup their mailbox again which is the problem.  Not sure if there is a quicker or easier way so any suggestion are greatly appreciated.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Convert analog user to IP?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 05:46:47 PM »
You can do that a little easier... First, delete the Phone for the user, then create the new 53xx set and give it the extension number, this will prompt you that a mailbox exists and ask you to fix the conflict or associate the new extension with the existing mailbox, then you can associate it. This way the user doesn't loose any greetings/messages they had. Typically you would have a user to copy from, and could copy and paste most settings from that user to the new one too.

Offline capabel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 07:20:40 PM »
Ohh sweet I didn't know that you could re-assisng the mailbox from a disassociated account.  Now I already have existing IP users with that phone type when I create the new user do I just copy and paste from one of those existing users so I don't have to setup preference etc?? 

Thanks for the help!  I'm finding Mitel to be a lot more easier and user friendly over existing PB systems.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 12:47:38 AM »
You can copy and paste anything that isn't user specific...

Offline capabel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 01:37:54 PM »
Ok about to switch over a user now and not sure exactly how I would go about deleting the user?  I thought I could just hit delete on the user, but it says I can only delete the user in the system controller folder, but if I do that it seems like I'm not deleting the user, but instead deleting the circuit on the expansion board so not sure if that's the right place or not. 

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 02:31:39 PM »
It's the right place... That is how you delete a TDM device, change the port definition to None.

Offline capabel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2021, 07:21:25 PM »
Just wanted to say thanks again.  I panicked for a minute since after removing the ext. I was unable to find the old ext from the drop down menu to apply to the new phone.  Not sure why, but it's just not listed.  What did work was just typing in the ext manually and hitting enter. 

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2021, 10:21:02 PM »
Totally normal sometimes... Not sure why that happens, but if you exit the programmer and go back in its usually there.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10