Author Topic: More 5360 ScreenSaver Woes (250/5000)  (Read 998 times)

Offline SteAnnesIT

• View Profile
More 5360 ScreenSaver Woes (250/5000)
« on: July 28, 2021, 12:28:12 PM »
I just acquired some inexpensive 5360s for my system having been using 5320s (and some 5330s) for years now. I thought oh wow those would be nice for the managers or directors so I can redistribute some of the older 5320s to other locations.  Well I feel like an idiot now for getting permission to buy these 5360s not knowing how utterly and terribly distracting the screensavers are that you can't disable.  I have been quietly trying to find a solution before I have to put these phones out and people get annoyed by the image changing in front of them at their desk while they're trying to work.

So I read all the forum posts I could, I acquired the HTML Tool Kit.  I feel like I followed the instructions and was successful in creating the SPX file needed with a less distracting screensaver image. I logged into the phone system's web interface and uploaded the SPX file into the HTML Apps area. I have rebooted the phone system as well just in case.

But when I go into the 250's DB Programming,  to System > Phone-Related > Applications, right click and 'Manage Applications..'  I do not see my SPX file in the list so I can not create a new application for the custom screen saver.

Screenshot attached.  So, am I missing the multi-thousand dollar license needed for this to work on the system that goes EOL in 6 months?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Offline SteAnnesIT

• View Profile
Re: More 5360 ScreenSaver Woes (250/5000)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 02:18:01 PM »
Yes!  I figured it out. 

Either it was rename screensaver.html to be .htm.  Or it was remove all the comments out of the top of the manifest.xml file before the <?xml version="1.0" ?> line.  One or the other, or both.  But it works now!!

I finally found this thread as reference. http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=2474.0

Regards,
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 02:20:39 PM by SteAnnesIT »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10