Author Topic: Answered calls from ring group being placed on hold - Softphone  (Read 978 times)

Offline iGeorge55

• View Profile
Hi Guys,

This is my first post here so if I do anything wrong I do apologies!

We have a a load of users working from home at the moment with all the covid stuff going down so we have been using the softphone feature for quite some time.
Since using this feature I am getting alot of complaints about calls being placed straight into a held state after they have been answered. The operator then needs to hang up the call find out the number of the caller and call them back .

When the call is placed on hold, it shows the number of the ring group at the top with the hold sign (rather than the number of the caller).

Has anyone seen this before? Have scoured the internet and have found nothing even remotely close to this :(

Thanks! :)

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Answered calls from ring group being placed on hold - Softphone
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 03:33:14 PM »
Need more info. Operator a softphone? How do calls go to the operator?

Offline iGeorge55

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 04:58:53 AM »
My apologies Operator may have been a poor choice of wording.

The calls will come into the system from the main number.
From here it will hit the ring groups (depending on the chosen option at the attendant). Everyone is working remotely at the moment so the calls are presented on the softphones.
Once answered by a member of said ring group:
Every so often the call will be instantly placed on hold, showing the held sign next to the number of the ring group the call came from.

Hope this helps :)

Offline k123s456

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2023, 05:13:51 AM »
I'm seeing this same issue, did you ever find the root cause of this?
This happens to us across the softphone on the MiCollab mobile app and desktop app.
When they answer a call that rings the ring group, it immediately puts the call on "hold" and the hold button is greyed out so they are unable to resume the call.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 05:18:20 AM by k123s456 »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10