Author Topic: Denying Ability to Page and Internal Calls  (Read 1143 times)

Offline apope

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Denying Ability to Page and Internal Calls
« on: July 23, 2021, 11:00:30 AM »
We are using MiVoice Office 250 DB Programming, and we are wanting to deny a particular extension the ability to use our paging feature and to dial any internal numbers. Tell me if I'm going in the wrong direction, but I'm thinking it has to be used with Class of Service. Here is what is set up:

To use our paging system, you have to dial 7. So we want the ability to block dialing 7 for paging and also all internal numbers.

A class of service under System>Numbering Plan>Classes of Service was created. From there under Dialing Patterns someone has put 7 and *7X+. These were there before I touched this system, but I would think that "7" should prevent you from dialing 7 on your phone, right? I added this Class of Service to my extension, but I am still able to page.

For denying local numbers, a class of service was set up under dialing patterns to N+. Under System>Numbering Plan>Route Groups>P1000>Dial Patterns, N+ was placed. If this class of service was added to my extension, should that not also prevent internal calls?

Thanks for all your help!

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Denying Ability to Page and Internal Calls
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 03:01:38 PM »
You can't prevent a station from dialing intercom calls or feature codes. 7 is a feature code.

Class of Service rules only apply to external calls. If you're using a paging adapter connected to a trunk port, you could deny outgoing access to the trunk group.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10