Author Topic: MiVoice 250 - Dynamic Extension Express going straight to Cell Phone Voicemail  (Read 925 times)

Offline gssieg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I started receiving some complaints this morning that DEE is going straight to the users cell phone voicemail.  I was informed of this happening to several lines, upon arriving onsite I tested and found only 1 of the lines was this still happening to, the others started working again.  This system has been setup like this for quite some time and no changes were made.  When calling the users ext the phone will ring the desk 1 time and then it will show "handoff" and the caller gets the user's cellphone voicemail.  They stated some of the other phones were exhibiting the same issue but again only could find 1 phone doing this.  I've checked all of the flags and updated the DEE phone number as it was only using 7-digits and our area code is changing to 10-digits required.  If I call the cell phone direct though from the system using 7 or 10 digit dialing it works without an issue and does not go directly to voicemail.  Any thoughts on what I could be missing?

Offline gssieg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Quick update on this, I tried to enable "Human-Answer-Supervision" as it is currently off and the phone then will ring through but the cell phone never gets the call.  Oddly enough I tried something else I ended up changing the Mobile number in the system from their cell phone to mine and tested both ways.  I found using 7 or 10 digit the system worked as expected with my phone.  We are both running Verizon as a carrier and as I mentioned if I call his cell from within the phone system it works just fine.  So the issue appears to be related to his specific cell number, thoughts?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
gssieg,

The issue is with the users phone as they probably set the Caller-ID to go directly to VM for some reason and haven't removed it. So, when they get a call from the number the MiVO-250 is sending out to them it goes to VM.

The simplest answers is sometimes the correct one.

Since it works with your cell phone and only one person is having the problem it isn't an issue with the phone system.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10