Author Topic: Teleworker Phones at remote location keeps getting disconnected  (Read 1572 times)

Offline teqwize

• View Profile
We have a remote office 7000 miles from our HQ, phones are in teleworker, MBG is in HQ, my issue is that phones keep getting disconnected, it happens very randomly 2-5 times a day, but it happens with all phones at once, typically the phones get reconnected after a few seconds,
I monitor the  network traffic, we don't lose any ICMP traffic., I do see in the firewall logs TCP Client/server reset.
Any suggestions?

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Teleworker Phones at remote location keeps getting disconnected
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 03:40:21 AM »
What firewall logs? Remote site's firewall logs? If so, does it indicate which end the reset originates from? I can't think of a reason why the handsets would sent a RST to the MBG or vice-versa in normal operations.
Captain Obvious says "this sounds like an issue at the remote site".
Does the remote site have a fixed public IP? I am not sure how MBG handles a change of IP, I can't believe it's going to be "hitless".
There is an option to log to an individual file [instead of all mixed together in to tug.log] if you drill down in to a handset in the Teleworker admin module. Start by enabling that on one or more handsets for that site, and review that log after a disconnect, see if anything interesting turns up.

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 06:48:41 AM »
the tug logs will show the disconnect and the reason and *which* side initiated the disconnect. it's all in there.

and no, there's no way to handle a tcp connection if the remote end has an ip address change.

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 06:52:29 AM »
also, look in the tug logs for instances of "No traffic seen". like

"MinetConnection: warning, IcpRx heartbeat value, %d, exceeded. No traffic seen from icp in %d seconds"

(%d filled in with various integers)

that indicates trouble with the connection and can precede the connection disconnect itself.

Offline teqwize

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 11:49:54 AM »
Thanks for all your responses,
Of course it has a static Public IP, i will have a look at the logs and see if can find something intresting,
I do believe as well it's an issue at the remote site, as we have more users using teleworker (but not a full office)

Offline teqwize

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2021, 11:51:20 AM »
What firewall logs? Remote site's firewall logs? If so, does it indicate which end the reset originates from? I can't think of a reason why the handsets would sent a RST to the MBG or vice-versa in normal operations.
Captain Obvious says "this sounds like an issue at the remote site".
Does the remote site have a fixed public IP? I am not sure how MBG handles a change of IP, I can't believe it's going to be "hitless".
There is an option to log to an individual file [instead of all mixed together in to tug.log] if you drill down in to a handset in the Teleworker admin module. Start by enabling that on one or more handsets for that site, and review that log after a disconnect, see if anything interesting turns up.
how can I enable logs for a specific phone?
The model is 6920

Offline teqwize

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2021, 06:15:33 PM »
If anyone wonders what the issue was... it was a unifi switch that went bad.

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2021, 05:18:02 AM »
MBG > Teleworking > Minet > [pencil icon next to device] >  Tick "Log to individual file"

Offline teqwize

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2021, 08:41:40 AM »
That's helpful, Thanks!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10