Author Topic: TRUNK IS UNPLUGGED message  (Read 1776 times)

Offline rick

• View Profile
TRUNK IS UNPLUGGED message
« on: June 23, 2021, 06:12:04 PM »
I have a remote installation (a plane ride to the middle of nowhere to get there) where the customer has a Mivoice250 with 4 analog trunks incoming.

They say that they now see a message saying 'Trunk is Unplugged' and the 4 line buttons are permanently lit.

I have never seen this message before and wondered if anyone else had and if it may be possible for the customer to fix without taking a flight there?

(They do say that there was a storm and possible lightning strike - But the phone company says the lines are ok) Couldthat have fried the loop start ports on the 5000?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: TRUNK IS UNPLUGGED message
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 06:23:10 PM »
rick,

You would need to find out if the lines are dead at the MiVO-250 or not. Does the customer have a way to do this; buttset?

Have them reset the Loop Start Card by pulling it out of the system without shutting it down. If it is the built-in LS ports then they would need to restart the entire system, but not without backing it up first in case it did take a lighting strike and is waiting to die.

What happens when someone calls one of the numbers? Can they take a screw driver across the terminals of their RJ-21X and answer the call when it is disconnected from the MiVO-250?

If they have a NID and not an RJ-21X they could just take a regular analog phone and unplug the house side and plug the phone in to each of ones the lines at the NID to test them.

Thanks,

TE

Offline rick

• View Profile
Re: TRUNK IS UNPLUGGED message
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 09:25:55 PM »
Hi Tech Electronics,
Yeah its pretty awkward, This is a Canadian First Nations airport - About 600km north of the City of Winnipeg with no roads to get there!
They are not technical and don't have any testing ability or equipment such as butt phones.

Unfortunately, it IS  the inbuild LS ports too. So, I am going to get them to restart the system tomorrow. I am sending them detailed instructions on how to do so through the front panel of the PBX. I will get them to follow cables and check connections as well as send photos of the ports and bix connections to see if there is any damage or anything loose, but even if there is it will probably need a tech to go up and fix the issues next week.

I have tried calling the 4 lines and they all ring, but aren't answered and the night greeting doesn't kick in when it should - so it definitely looks like the lines are down somewhere. The provider says they don't have a problem, but I will check with them myself before booking a plane ticket!

We did have remote access when it was installed 4 years ago, but this no longer works - I think they have changed internet providers since then. So we really can't do much but reset the system and hope for the best. They don't have phones working now, so if the system actually dies they are no worse off than they are now I guess!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10