Author Topic: Virtual Server Applications  (Read 1668 times)

Offline aesd_MikeA

• View Profile
Virtual Server Applications
« on: June 23, 2021, 06:09:44 PM »
Greetings,

I'm trying to get confirmation on what may seem to be a silly question, but I'm not a Mitel (or even VoIP) expert. Normally I'd ask my organization's Mitel partner, but I feel that they may have been giving us the runaround as of late...

We're currently hosting MiVoice Border Gateway, MiVoice Business, and MiCollab on an in house MS Hyper-V server. Some documentation that was recently passed to me seems to suggest that there is a specific version of each one of these that is specifically meant for virtual environments. For example, the document (called Mitel Virtual Appliance Deployment) specifically mentions "MiVoice Business Virtual" instead of just "MiVoice Business." Are there in fact different versions of these programs meant specifically for virtualized environments, and if so, how would I be able to determine if a given server is running the virtual vs. non-virtual version? Assuming I have admin credentials, which I do.

Just for some context: Each VM that is running a Mitel server component is provisioned well over the recommended specifications we were given. Despite the raw power being available, we're still having performance issues and system wide crashed. While we're examining many factors, I want to eliminate the possibility that incorrect software was installed on our hypervisors.

Thank you for your time!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 07:41:47 PM by aesd_MikeA »

Offline pmhaynes

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Server Applications
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 02:39:00 AM »
For VMware there are ova files
For hyper v there are iso files of the software

No. There are not different versions for hyper v

Has it been escalated by your maintainer to mitel?
What do mitel say the reason for crashes?

What does Microsoft say?

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Server Applications
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 08:00:19 AM »
Are there in fact different versions of these programs meant specifically for virtualized environments, and if so, how would I be able to determine if a given server is running the virtual vs. non-virtual version?

It will need a virtualisation license applied on the back-end. If they hadn't applied the license, then the services would refuse to start and you would see alarms in the management interface.
Hyper-V deployments are done using the ISOs [which are not specifically labelled as Hyper-V, they are shared with bare-metal installs].
VMware deployments are done with the OVAs.
The OVA version of MSL comes with "Blade-MVF" which you can see at Servicelink > Blades. The ISO version does not. If you see the MVF blade in a Hyper-V install then They're Doing It Wrong. It think you can still install Blade-MVF manually on a Hyper-V guest but the documentation [BP-Virtualisation.pdf I think] specifically warns against doing this

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10