Author Topic: User/group migration of MICD to VMCD  (Read 1018 times)

Offline TheFreak

• View Profile
User/group migration of MICD to VMCD
« on: June 16, 2021, 05:43:24 AM »
Hello All,

We have a Mitelcluster running om MIVB 8.0 SP3 with 11 primary MICD nodes and we need to migrate all users, groups and IP phones to new VMCD nodes. The VMCD nodes are already in the same cluster as the MICD nodes and we already migrated 800 users from two MICD nodes to one SVMCD node. Now we still need to migrate around 15000 users and devices from the 9 MICD nodes left to 4 new SVMCD nodes.

Globally we worked out the following steps to perform the migration:

1) For each MICD node: Make an importsheet csv with the users we want to migrate
2) Delete all users one-by one by deleting the user and the phone on the MICD node
3) Importing the deleted users on the new VMCD node with the csv importsheet

Questions:

- Is there any way to make this migration more easy in general? Deleting and importing all users is a big pain in the ass. Do you have any tips?
- Is it possible to delete users in bulk instead of one by one?
- Is it possible on any way to move users from one node to another without deleting and adding them again?
- Is it possible to extract the database and import it in the VMCD?
- Is it possible to look into the node database without the GUI?

I hope there are some ways to make this migration less effortfull. Thanks in advanced!

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: User/group migration of MICD to VMCD
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 05:38:47 PM »
If this was one to one, could have cleaned database and restored to vm. Otherwise, you are on the correct path

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 11:37:49 AM »
If you've got money to throw at this, you may want to get Mitel Professional Services to work on this, they will do all the conversion for you and give you finished databases to load on the MiVB's. Not cheap, but they make it simple for you.

Offline Ronan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 11:18:20 AM »
I see no mention of Micollab so consider yourself lucky it's "that easy".

Depending on how users are dispatched on the MICD it might have been a good idea to convert some of the mivbs "blades" to have all those users transferred for free, then you just have to consolidate. But I don't know if it's possible to convert from MICD, it probably is, but documented, I don't know. I think I've seen something about that when looking for information on MICD (and realizing it's a dead product).

A few years ago I did 4 MXE Server to 4 ISS, and there was no documentation, we had to improvise, it was fun. However we kept the number of machines identical so no need to work on users.

We still have the ISS and are now removing about 50 MXe from our cluster, consolidating all users on the ISS, and we do it manually : export the users, export the keys, and import on the ISS. Tell the users beforehand that they will lose stuff and ask us to program it back if needed...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10