Author Topic: Alternate Transfer not working  (Read 1337 times)

Offline VeeDubb65

• View Profile
Alternate Transfer not working
« on: June 11, 2021, 11:37:07 AM »
I'm not sure if this is the right sub-forum because I'm not sure if this is a NuPoint problem or a COS problem.

I've got a 3300 and a standalone NuPoint.

In a Call Director mailbox, I'm trying to set up an "alternate transfer" to an external number.

Let's pretend the external number is a cell phone at 5555555555

Currently, the dial string I'm using is S+5555555555+X

The timeout is set to 5 seconds (although I'll bump it up to 15 once I'm done testing).

When I initiate the transfer through call director, I hear hold music, and the cell phone starts ringing.

If I answer the call from the cell phone, it immediately disconnects.

If I don't answer the call, it times out and stops ringing at the 5 second mark as intended, but the call flow doesnt' progress. The internal call to the mailbox just hears dead air.

I've seen a lot of references to making sure that the trunk COS and the voicemail port COS have public to public enabled, and I've verified that.

Note that blind transfer to external works perfectly, and a supervised transfer works as well, but only supervises until the trunk picks up, at which point it becomes a blind transfer. I might be able to use an external hot desk license, but alternate transfer is supposed to be able to do exactly what I'm trying, I don't currently have any EHDU licenses available, and in the real and much more complicated call flow this is for, I would need a dozen EHDU licenses.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Alternate Transfer not working
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 12:27:28 PM »
What is your intention with +X at the end? Give it a try with +H

Offline VeeDubb65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 12:54:38 PM »
If I change it to H instead of X, it does the same thing as if I had used the 'Supervised Transfer' option. It only supervises until the trunk picks up, so it doesn't timeout if unanswered.

The goal here is that it will try a person's cell phone, but give up and go back to the call flow before the cell phone's voicemail can pick up. Then I can either retry multiple times, or send the call to a different number. None of that works if NuPoint lets go of the call as soon as the trunk picks up.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 09:45:11 AM »
There could be a couple of things in play here.
First off, to test if it's a NuPoint issue or 3300 COS issue, change the COS, COR and Interconnect Restriction of your phone to match that of the NuPoint test.  Then test the xfer using your device as if it were the NP call flow.

Next, the cell phone company may be sending you a fake call answered signal, meaning that the 3300 thinks the call was answered.  If you're depending on call answer supervision, then there's nothing you're going to be able to do.  You can test this by calling the cell phone from your desk phone.  If you see the clock start on your phone then the 3300 thinks the call has been answered.  I see this a lot with cell phone.

Ralph

Offline VeeDubb65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2021, 01:12:55 PM »
I set my COS for my desk to the same as my NuPoint ports, called my desk from another phone, and manually transferred out to my cell. This worked normally. No issues.

Then I called my cell from my desk phone, and the clock didn't start running until I answered the call, so it looks like we are getting answer supervision.

Offline VeeDubb65

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 10:02:31 AM »
Well, if anyone else comes across this, I was never able to make it work except by using EHDU numbers. The EHDU licenses are cheap, and I wasted more money in personal man-hours trying to make this work than we spent on EDHU licenses. It's a bummer, because the docs all make it sound like it should work, but C'est la vi.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10