Author Topic: Mitel SIP trunk ending calls in 30sec  (Read 2598 times)

Offline ntnher@yahoo.com

• View Profile
Mitel SIP trunk ending calls in 30sec
« on: June 08, 2021, 05:06:59 PM »
Hi

I've been looking on the forum to figure out what is causing calls through a SIP trunk to end in 30 secs. I haven't found a fix, but most of the suggestions are to look for SIP Peer Profile > Timers. I've played around with many different settings and issue still persist. I think it may have something to do with SIP acknowledge timing out?

Here's my setup. I have a Mitel 3300 & a MAS. I have two other PBX, a Grandstream 6308 and an Asterisk PBX. Both Grandstream and Asterisk are able to make and receive calls to and from the Mitel 3300. The issue is calls to and from the Grandstream and Mitel PBX only last 30 secs. Packet capture indicates the Mitel sends a SIP Reques: BYE causing the call to end after 30 secs.

This does not occur between the Asterisk and Mitel PBXs. Calls between the Asterisk PBX and Mitel can last all day.

On my Mitel3300  I have two Network Elements setup for two SIP Peers. Both are using the same COS/COR. AFAIK I can use the same COS/COR right? Is there any trunk setting on the Mitel that could limit my calls to 30secs?

If you look at the packet capture, all my devices are on the same VLAN, so NAT should not be an issue. The Mitel is 192.168.21.2, Grandstream is 192.168.21.4, the SIP extension is registered to Grandstream @ 192.168.21.66. Mitel 3300 is on Ver 7.1 and I don't think the MAS has anything to do with this issue.

Thanks in advance for the help.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 05:32:02 PM by ntnher@yahoo.com »

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel SIP trunk ending calls in 30sec
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 05:48:25 AM »
30 seconds of what? Is it 30 seconds of ringing then it gives up, or 30 seconds after answering? I can't tell from that Wireshark screen shot.
Here's a tip when you've got a capture that might have more than one SIP dialogue in it - drill down in to the SIP packet until you see the header "Call-ID", right click on that and "Apply as filter > Selected". That will filter to just that one call.
From those session timers you've set, it looks like you're trying to disable them.  If that's what you want, set them to 0.
Yes, you can re-use COS/COR as many times as you want, assuming the settings are appropriate. Given that you are using the same COS for two peers but only one has the issue then I would say that it is not a COS issue. There are call duration timers in COS but these are a minimum of 2 minutes so it's not that [and it doesn't force a clear down, either].

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 09:17:32 AM »
I've seen this happen.  I just can't remember the fix.
When I did a visual of what was happening, I could see multiple 200-OKs going back to the server that were never ACK'd. After 30 seconds the system decides the call isn't active and drops its.

I just don't remember why the 200-OK was never ACK'd.

I'll see if I can find some old notes on it.

Ralph

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 09:29:53 AM »
Now I know why I couldn't remember the fix.  It wasn't fixed in the Mitel. It was fixed in the Avaya we were peered to.

Unfortunately I wasn't told what the fix was so I can't be of any further help.

Ralph

Offline ntnher@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 10:08:02 AM »
Thanks Dogbreath !

The drop is 30secs after pick up on an active call.

I could see multiple 200-OKs going back to the server that were never ACK'd. After 30 seconds the system decides the call isn't active and drops its.

Thanks Ralph! I think you may be unto something there regarding. I'll check the Grandstream 6308 configuration.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 10:16:19 AM by ntnher@yahoo.com »

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 12:24:42 PM »
The drop is 30secs after pick up on an active call.

That BYE is not 30 seconds after the call is answered [usually a 200/OK] so I don't know what is going on there.

Offline ntnher@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 02:14:08 PM »
I took it a bit further than required and setup SIP trunking between the Grandstream and Asterisk (Issabel PBX). I can now trunk between these two PBx. The calls also drop around 30secs into an active conversation. So I think it rules out the Mitel. Thanks.

Offline ntnher@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2021, 10:45:50 AM »
Something is still fishy and strange with the Mitel 3300. On the SMDR, why do I still see calls records showing up when calls don't involve the Mite SIP trunks. When I call from Issabel PBX to Grandstream PBX, these calls show up on the Mitel SMDR. I'm pretty sure they are not transverse thur the Mitel. When I look at the Issabel PBX debuging I'm certain the calls are not using the Mitel trunk, but why does SMDR still see these calls?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 12:27:18 PM by ntnher@yahoo.com »

Offline ntnher@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2021, 09:51:55 AM »
The Grandstream support got back to me stating: " There is no NAT traversal involved here. This about the Mitel sending a SUBSCRIBE method during the call and this is not supported by the UCM (Grandstream UMC6308), and thus never answered. We recommend checking if this can be disabled."

Anyone know how do I go about disabling Mitel SIP sending subscribe method?

Offline ntnher@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2021, 11:30:15 AM »
Something is still fishy and strange with the Mitel 3300. On the SMDR, why do I still see calls records showing up when calls don't involve the Mite SIP trunks. When I call from Issabel PBX to Grandstream PBX, these calls show up on the Mitel SMDR. I'm pretty sure they are not transverse thur the Mitel. When I look at the Issabel PBX debuging I'm certain the calls are not using the Mitel trunk, but why does SMDR still see these calls?

Figured this out. Wrong configuration on Issabel PBX causing packets to be sent to Mitel. Still a problem with the SUBSCRIBE method between Mitel and Grandstream.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2021, 06:22:31 PM »
Think the grandstream 6202 I recently programmed had no authentication either way

Offline ntnher@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2021, 10:43:15 AM »
Thanks JohnP

Yes, I did notice that. When I setup the Grandstream 6308 for authentication using username/password, it would never connect to Mitel 3300. The Grandstream showed a "reject" on the SIP Trunk. When I configure it as Peer without authentication, the SIP trunk registered without any issue.

So my current SIP trunk between Grandstream UCM6308 and Mitel3300 is peer without authentication. My issue is calls only last 30secs. I take it your setup is working well? I do have a UCM6202, being that it's an older model, it's behavior may different from the 6308. I'm going to try that out. All these testing are so time consuming, but I'm willing to share my findings. Doesn't seem like anyone here's SIP trunk the UCM63XX to a Mitel PBX.

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2021, 05:50:42 AM »
What are these SUBSCRIBE events about? I have never seen MiVB send these messages on a SIP trunk before. If the SUBSCRIBE messages are the problem, then perhaps look at the SUBSCRIBE settings on the KPML tab [I think].

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2021, 05:45:05 PM »
I would look at session timer and set to 0, I would have to look at what I set up.

Offline ntnher@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2021, 12:10:22 PM »
Got my UCM6202 setup and SIP trunk to Mitel 3300 via SIP peer. No authentication. Same issue, active picked up calls only last 30sec.

I'm thinking since there is no issue on SIP trunk between Issabel PBX and Mitel 3300, I'm going to trunk the UCM6308 to Issabel PBX. Then have the Issabel PBX in the middle relaying calls between the Mitel 3300 and UCM6308.

UCM6308   <----------sip trunk--------->   Issabel PBX   <----------sip trunk----------->   Mitel 3300 <-----PRI----------> Provider.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 12:12:18 PM by ntnher@yahoo.com »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10