Author Topic: Micollab sending 2 deployment emails to users  (Read 1795 times)

Offline cdent4

• View Profile
Micollab sending 2 deployment emails to users
« on: June 04, 2021, 04:48:13 PM »
I just started with this new company 2 months ago.  We onboard a lot of new users.  Every time I build a new user, give them a phone (deskphone, softphone, or both), a Micollab client, and a teleworker, when the deployment email goes out, the email address receives 2 emails.  One has the subject line MiCollab Client configuration ext no. xxxxxxx for user Doe, John.  A second email also goes out to them with the subject line MiCollab Client configuration ext no. (none)  for user Doe, John.

It's a minor inconvenience to have to tell the user to please use the authentication key in the email with their extension number in the subject line, but I'd like to get rid of the second unnecessary email for (none) extension number.

Any ideas where this is programmed and why?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Micollab sending 2 deployment emails to users
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 09:27:00 PM »
Check your user templates for duplicate MiCollab Client Deployment profiles (only one needs to be set anything other than "Do not deploy"), and check if the "send deployment email" option is also checked.

Offline cdent4

• View Profile
Re: Micollab sending 2 deployment emails to users
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 02:40:10 PM »
I found the problem.  When I create a softphone for a user, it has a flag to "Send Deployment Email" already checked.  In the Micollab Client tab, if the Deployment Profile field was set to anything other than "Do Not Deploy", it would send the duplicate email.  Once I set that field to "Do Not Deploy" I then only got the one email with the correct extension number information.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10