Author Topic: Mitel 53XX Teleworker set up not working  (Read 1857 times)

Offline remoteworker

• View Profile
Mitel 53XX Teleworker set up not working
« on: June 04, 2021, 12:29:55 PM »
Hi,

First post on here. I've been trying to set up my Mitel 5324 phone for home working. After performing a reset to default settings (boot with up and down arrows pressed) I now cannot access any config menus on boot.

Previously I could press # on boot to access these menus.

I believe I should be holding 7 on boot to config the phone as a teleworker but nothing happens, the break-in is ignored and the phone goes straight to Waiting for LLDP. How can I get into the config menus?

Thanks for your help.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 53XX Teleworker set up not working
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 12:51:11 PM »
remoteworker,

If the phone has MiNet software on it then it should go into Teleworker Mode when holding down the 7 key on bootup.

If you told it to delete the MiNet Load on the phone then you would have to connect it to a system in order to get new MiNet software on it.

If you didn't then try holding down the blue application key to get to the Configuration Menu. Most keys on the phone work like this except a few like 7 that perform another function.

Thanks,

TE

Offline remoteworker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 04:14:50 AM »
Thanks for the reply Tech Electronics,

I tried the blue button and still cannot get into the config menu.

When you say to connect it to a system, can I ask what you mean? My apologies if this is a basic question - I'm new to dealing with these phones in a home environment. Is this something I can do on my home network?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2021, 02:16:37 PM »
Holding one of the volume keys while applying power will bring up the full menu, not the Teleworker menu... Holding the 7 will bring up the Teleworker menu.

I have never heard of holding both volume keys down and booting up... What does it show on the screen when you plug in the phone now? can you post an imgur link or attach a photo?

There is no internal web page or configuration for a phone in Minet mode, so there is no other way to configure this. The only other thing I can guess here is you somehow deleted the MAIN firmware (this is possible through the menus, but difficult to get to unless you know where it is) and if that is the case the only way to reflash the phone is to bring into the local network of the phone system and let it get it's boot parameters with DHCP. Again, I am just speculating and thinking outloud here... I am not saying that IS the issue.

Offline remoteworker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2021, 05:46:22 AM »
Thanks acejavelin,

If I hold both volume keys I get the following prompt "press and hold * to reset to defaults" which i have done a couple of times.

If I try any other breakin on reboot ie holding just the down volume key or 7 then nothing happens, the phone doesnt recognise the input and boots as normal - the keys are not broken or stuck - I was using them the day before I broght the phone home.

When the phone boots I end up with the message "DHCP: Discovery Option 129 missing".

Any more ideas?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 12:00:50 AM »
Have you tried a different phone?

Otherwise, I don't know... the way to put a Mitel 52xx/53xx phone into Teleworker mode is to hold down the 7 key while powering on and continuing to hold 7 until the "Configure Teleworker" prompt appears. If that isn't working, I would take it back to the office and connect it and make sure its working properly and try it from there. Also, once fully booted and registered, you can access the configuration menus by holding both volume buttons, then releasing one and while holding the other one press 2-3-4 in that order and release the volume button.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 04:37:48 PM »
remoteworker,

I would take the phone back to the site you are trying to connect to and make sure the firmware is loaded properly on it; i.e. plug it in and let it talk to the system.

After that try rebooting the phone and seeing if holding down the 7 key allows you to go in to Teleworker Mode.

I am with Acejavelin on this as it sounds like you have erased the Main Load (Firmware) off of the phone and it doesn't know what to do with any button presses you are trying to use.

The other option is that you have it in SIP Mode.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10