Author Topic: Connect iOS app going to sleep/run in background behaviour  (Read 2300 times)

Offline mrchips

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Am I missing something or does the Mitel Connect iOS app have to be open and running in the foreground to receive calls??

Minimise it, or switch to another app, and after a short while it seems that Connect iOS goes offline and won't receive calls. When I open the app again it reconnects and my presence updates from 'Offline' to 'Available'.

Have been through the options (both in the app itself and iOS) but can only see the 'Keep Wi-Fi Connected' option in the app: obviously this is enabled.

Surely this can't be normal operating behaviour?   

Offline mrchips

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Connect iOS app going to sleep/run in background behaviour
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 11:54:54 AM »
Nobody else experiencing this then??

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 12:51:41 PM »
Are you connect to a Mivoice Connect or MiCloud Connect system?   We sell the Cloud product and that is normal behavior, but the app will launch when running the background and/or when the phone is locked. 

We see 2 sets of behavior.  Usually the app will pop but sometimes if the data stream is delayed, the Iphone processes the call in what looks like a native IOS call screen, but the contacts button is replaced with a Mitel logo.   Hard to explain but you will know it when you see it.  You can then answer the call and f you want to populate to the App, you hit that button,.

Offline mrchips

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 04:00:29 AM »
Thanks.
We're using MiVoice Connect (Premises) with the Mobility router.

I'm not experiencing normal behaviour then: if the app is open in the foreground everything works as expected. If I navigate away from the the app briefly it will still be online (status 'Available') and still receive calls.

However, after an undetermined length of time, the app will then go to sleep (status 'Offline') and stop receiving calls. I think I'll open a support ticket with our Mitel team

Thanks

Offline BVMMI

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2021, 08:29:09 AM »
I am having the same exact issue you describe.  We too are using
MiVoice Connect (Premises) with the Mobility router.

When the app does not ring as it should (which is all the time),
the native phone client rings and when you answer it you hear
a message such as -- incoming enterprise call, to accept this call
press any number. --   Pressing any number will connect the call.
So even though the call ultimately gets through, it is not via
the Mitel app and the call taker is much less informed as to
who is calling.

Mitel is acknowledging the issue but is saying absolutely nothing
helpful beyond that.

Were you able to get anywhere with Mitel or have any other
fixes / workarounds / suggestions?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 08:32:13 AM by BVMMI »

Offline mrchips

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2021, 09:11:43 AM »
That's interesting: we don't get the incoming call at all on the cell phone (although it does ring the desk phone at the same time). Presumably this is to do with how our system is configured.

To answer the original question, this is the reply I received from our Mitel support guys:

I just confirmed with Mitel support that this is still a known limitation with the iPhone IOS and they do not have a workaround to prevent this from happening.
The Apple IOS wants to conserve power consumption and purposely puts the apps that are idle for a period of time in the background as well as sever the connection to the Mobility router.   

It looks like they (Mitel) could tweak the iOS app: I think there's a tool called Pushkit which is the Apple-preferred way of keeping VOIP apps active:
https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/Performance/Conceptual/EnergyGuide-iOS/OptimizeVoIP.html

I guess they just don't think it is worth the effort involved to program/implement it

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10