Author Topic: MiCollab - Error: read ECONNRESET from Public Internet  (Read 1120 times)

Offline gssieg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
MiCollab - Error: read ECONNRESET from Public Internet
« on: May 26, 2021, 09:36:14 PM »
I have a client with a MiVoice Business Express System v. 8.0.2.301 MSL 10.5.26.  Last week his cert expired and the local Mitel Vendor told him he had to go out and purchase a new cert so he called me (I'm mainly IT support but I have several clients with Mitel systems so I know enough to be dangerous)  I reviewed and found that he was using the Let's Encrypt integration but due to a change on their end he can no longer renew the cert.  I spoke with the Mitel Vendor and they are working with him to schedule an upgrade which will fix this but it could be a couple weeks before they can schedule.  So I created a Cert via Let's encrypt and installed it, the cert took and MiCollab restarted however his clients still could not connect.  I tested the cert via sslshopper.com to make sure there were no issues and it is good.  I then went into the system and ran diagnostics and it makes it through the first two phases but fails at:

Connection test from public internet to MiCollab Client Service

Error: read ECONNRESET

I did some searching and cannot find anything on this error.  Any thoughts, looking to get him up for now until they can schedule the upgrade.

Thanks in advance,
Greg

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiCollab - Error: read ECONNRESET from Public Internet
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 04:41:10 AM »
This sounds firewall-y, or a like a service isn't listening. There is a diag tool called Teleworker Network Analyzer which you can download from MiVoice Border Gateway > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics. Run that and see if it highlights some service not open/running.

Offline gssieg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 04:51:07 PM »
I am not finding that tool - When I goto MiVoice Border Gateway the options at the top I have are System Status, Service Configuration, System Configuration, and Administration.  Under Administration there is Diagnostics, but no Teleworker Network Analyzer.  Before the cert failed the system had been operational.

That being said I did some additional playing and tried to uninstall the cert and reinstall it.  I noticed when I uninstalled the cert the Web Server seems to keep another cert that states it is good till 2031 almost looks like a self signed but instead of just having the aws.domain.com it also has *.domain.com, aws, domain.com, Internal IP, and External IP listed for Alternate names.  The cert is not valid when trying to connect from a browser but with a browser I can log into MiCollab if I bypass the cert error.  I still get the same error on the Micollab client.  I'm going to do a new CSR and try to start from scratch see if that helps.

Offline gssieg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 10:24:35 PM »
Uninstalling the Cert, Performing a new CSR, and importing a new certificate worked.  I did add domain.com to the alternative names but did not make any other changes.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10