Author Topic: Auto Attendant occasionally goes straight to operator  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Rishi

• View Profile
Auto Attendant occasionally goes straight to operator
« on: May 04, 2021, 11:41:29 AM »
We have a Mitel 5000 in a remote office that has an auto attendant set up. Every now and then, if someone calls into that office, the message will skip the auto attendant and goes straight to the message indicating transfer to the operator.

A reboot of the system resolves this issue, but well, isn't ideal. We know the system definitely is a bit behind in software updates, and I'm working on getting that resolved. However, I'm curious if there's a likely other reason why this happens every now and then (typically once per month).

Thanks.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Attendant occasionally goes straight to operator
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 11:51:06 AM »
Rishi,

If all of your ports on the Voice Processor are in use or locked up would be my first guess.

If that is the case it should look at the Operator for the application that it was supposed to go to and then transfer to that.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Rishi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 02:52:14 PM »
Thank you. I would think that the voice processor likely locked up, since the issue can go on for hours until a reboot, so I would assume it wasn't in use that whole time. That being the case, short of rebooting, is there anything else I could consider doing?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 08:16:45 AM »
Rishi,

Locked ports are one of two things.

1. The trunks used to talk to the Voice Processor are not releasing them properly. This will be indicated by the trunks also being in use.
2. The Voice Processor is having an problem. I have seen where the system is setup to use MP3 files for UM on all users lock up all of the ports because they didn't have a PS-1 [Processing Server].

Either way your vendor should be able to get into the system and figure this out when it is happening.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10