Author Topic: MiCollab 9 and Outlook pop up that wont go away  (Read 4084 times)

Offline becax17

• View Profile
MiCollab 9 and Outlook pop up that wont go away
« on: April 27, 2021, 08:41:43 AM »
Hello! I've gone back and forth with Mitel support about this a couple of times, but I was hoping someone had some ideas.

We are in the process of upgrading to the new MiCollab 9 software, and on our test machines we are noticing an issue with an Outlook pop up that comes up on machine startup (with MiCollab set to open on startup as well) saying "another program is trying to access your email" where you can click Allow or Deny. Problem is, if you click Allow, all it does is pop the same box back up over and over (and over). After about 1-2 minutes it will go away after a final Allow click, but this entire time, Outlook is unusable.

We were sent over a fix to manually install the Mitel certificates into the Trusted Publishers store, but that doesn't work. The only "fix" is to disable Personal Contacts in MiCollab itself, which means no one can use their Outlook contacts within the program. We have also tried playing around with our antivirus software, but that hasn't seemed to help.

Has anyone had luck getting this pop up to stop coming up? End goal is to roll this out to around 160 machines in our environment, so we need some sort of fix.

Thanks in advance.

Offline divadiow

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: MiCollab 9 and Outlook pop up that wont go away
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 11:13:03 AM »
this relates to the trust centre programattic security access setting in outlook

the equivalent of having these two reg strings with a value of "1"
HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\outlook\security\promptoomaddressbookaccess
HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\outlook\security\promptoomaddressinformationaccess

https://www.ryadel.com/en/how-to-stop-the-outlook-a-program-is-trying-to-access-pop-up/

Offline ACDeezNutz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2022, 07:37:34 PM »
I've tested this extensively with Mitel and its because they are not digitally signing the MiCollab client PC app.  They gave me and a client I was testing with an early release of the new client that was digitally signed.  Once the signature expired on the app the pop ups started again.  Mitel needs to digitally sign the client app.  Fought round and round with them on this.  They dont seem to care though. >:(

Offline divadiow

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2022, 06:08:51 AM »
any change on this since July?

Offline kmccann@op-f.org

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2023, 08:08:16 AM »
Any update?  We are about to upgrade an noticing the same issue. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10