Author Topic: GFI Fax with MiVoice Business SIP trunks  (Read 2386 times)

Offline gverch

• View Profile
GFI Fax with MiVoice Business SIP trunks
« on: April 23, 2021, 04:43:42 PM »
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience or thoughts on troubleshooting faxing from a GFI Fax server through our PBX. It is set up with a SIP Peer profile and network element. We have a T1 as well as SIP trunks(through MBGs). We were hoping to use the SIP trunks to fax out as we are phasing out the T1. We followed the documentation from Mitel. It is dated though and am wondering if something is missing in our setup.

Whenever we try to fax out the server it comes back with Call terminated 79 - service not implemented if we dial without the leading digit to dial out. If we include the leading digit it gives call terminated 21 - call rejected. If i tell it to dial an extension(we do currently have analog fax machines that call extension to extension.) It hangs at trying to dial and eventually times out and fails. It almost seems as though it is trying to communicate directly with the SIP MBG and bypass the PBX.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: GFI Fax with MiVoice Business SIP trunks
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 05:17:09 PM »
I would do a sip tcpdump on the MCD to at least see the flow

Offline Shawnieboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 11:45:50 AM »
Just following up to see if you have come up with or have found a solution. I am having this issue now.

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience or thoughts on troubleshooting faxing from a GFI Fax server through our PBX. It is set up with a SIP Peer profile and network element. We have a T1 as well as SIP trunks(through MBGs). We were hoping to use the SIP trunks to fax out as we are phasing out the T1. We followed the documentation from Mitel. It is dated though and am wondering if something is missing in our setup.

Whenever we try to fax out the server it comes back with Call terminated 79 - service not implemented if we dial without the leading digit to dial out. If we include the leading digit it gives call terminated 21 - call rejected. If i tell it to dial an extension(we do currently have analog fax machines that call extension to extension.) It hangs at trying to dial and eventually times out and fails. It almost seems as though it is trying to communicate directly with the SIP MBG and bypass the PBX.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

Offline gverch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 01:23:19 PM »
We were able to resolve it. We use a 2 digit dial out code, so Mitel Support had wondered if it was being hindered by that. We were able to resolve it by altering the SIP Peer Profile Assignment by Incoming DID. We removed the entry for the first digit of the dial out code. ie. if we needed to dial 12 to dial out we removed the 1* entry.

Offline Shawnieboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 10:27:38 PM »
do you by any chance have that documentation that you got from mitel? I am trying to do SIP to GFI now and it is a nightmare. i have tried setting incoming DID in sip peer profile but for some reason the gfi is not picking it up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10