Author Topic: Micollab tech support issues  (Read 1746 times)

Offline jake32

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Micollab tech support issues
« on: April 22, 2021, 01:08:26 PM »
Hey guys just stumbled upon this great site.  I feel it will help lower my Blood pressure when it come's to Micollab and tech support.

Does anyone else have any issue's with Mitel Micollab tech support and getting issues resolved in a timely fashion, or getting them resolved at all ?  We are a company with 6 locations and approx 150 extensions.  In Q4 of 2020 we switched from an on prem 5000 system to the Mitel cloud and use a mix of desk phones and Micollab.  desk phone users - rarely any Issues.  Micollab users - practically daily random issues.

Every time I put a ticket in about a Micollab issue the tech's can never figure out the issue, like they have never seen it before.  Case in point last week i needed to deploy 2 brand new dell laptops with Micollab.  both laptops Micollab would launch with just a white screen.  If I maximize window then screen will populate but none of the buttons work.  So i put a ticket in.  After 4 days FINALLY get a reply never seen or heard of that.  I'll have to talk to other people or send it to engineering.

I spent 2 minutes on this site and find this thread https://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=13499.0

I replied to my ticket saying WTF this is a known problem and you have no clue about ?  Every ticket goes this way.  Anyone have the same experience with support or any tips.  Micollab seems so buggy and un-polished.

Thanks for the help !

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Micollab tech support issues
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 01:40:36 PM »
I suppose just like any industry there are different levels of support depending on who you go with. Known issues probably should have been known or easily researchable. My experience with Mitel and support has been largely positive.

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 04:44:03 AM »
The distributor I use in the UK is like this. They copy and paste responses between us and Mitel first line without adding any value. They could challenge the obviously silly responses coming from Mitel but don't. I assume they're talking to Mitel because they always start with "update from Mitel", but it could be yet another layer of abstraction for all I know. The Mitel support our distie is talking to is nothing like the Mitel support back when we could talk directly to them.

Offline jake32

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 09:12:47 AM »

Thanks guys for input.  We deal with directly with Mitel not a dist. Were on a 3 year contract with the FLEX system for support we Log onto Mitel.com with our account and submit a ticket, wait normally 3-5 days for an initial response that usually goes along the lines of   "were sorry your having this problem.  I've never seen this before.  I'll have to open a ticket with engineering"  and that process usually takes another 1 to 2 weeks.  Every single ticket is like this.  I once had a call center rep down without a phone for 3 weeks.

zulualpha - are you saying there is different levels of support packages ?  I have pleaded with our account rep to find us a better support option but he has never given any options

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 11:37:33 AM »
since mitel has outsourced support to distributors, the quality has really dropped.

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2021, 03:09:06 PM »
For a while we went through our distributor (Jenne) and that seemed to be nothing more than a relay. Since around January we're back to direct with Mitel but I'm thinking tier 1 is still outsourced to Innovatia but if you can get past them it's escalated to knowledgeable folks .

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2021, 05:08:20 PM »
For a while we went through our distributor (Jenne) and that seemed to be nothing more than a relay. Since around January we're back to direct with Mitel but I'm thinking tier 1 is still outsourced to Innovatia but if you can get past them it's escalated to knowledgeable folks .

Talking to them make you wonder as to why you did any prior troubleshooting since you have to jump through the same hoops and tell them where they are going wrong

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10