Author Topic: Off Hook access  (Read 1001 times)

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
Off Hook access
« on: April 20, 2021, 04:03:05 PM »
I have a customer moving from a Nortel/Avaya background to the 250.  They are used to having the phone automatically access a certain trunk line when they go off hook on the phone.  By default the 250 automatically goes to intercom dial tone when the user goes off hook. In the 250, is there a way to have the user access a certain trunk or trunk group when they go off hook?  I have been searching and have not yet found a way to do this, but it seems relatively simple.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Off Hook access
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 04:35:22 PM »
Yes, House Phone is what you are looking for, but make sure to let them know then they MUST use the Special (sideways 8 ) key to access any feature, or press the Intercom or Call key to dial an extension (you will have to add it to the keymap).

On each extension:

House Phone: Yes
House Phone Day: 8
House Phone Night: 8

In this case 8 is the typical outside access code, which actually access the Outgoing Extension defined in Associated Extensions of the device, but you could put in a specific trunk extension or ARS code if you choose.

House Phone was originally intended for like a lobby phone or ring-down line when you go off-hook it just rings immediately to a specific point, but it can be useful for other things as well.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 04:37:52 PM by acejavelin »

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 06:45:05 PM »
Thank you. I have used House phone before so I am familiar with it. I will test it out and see if it works for them.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 12:52:44 PM »
bvtech,

You could just put an Intercom button on their phone.

When they go off-hook it should grab Call Key 1 which would only be used for Trunk Calls since you have an Intercom button.

Of course they would need to use the IC button to make any IC calls after that.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10