Author Topic: CS to HX controller upgrade  (Read 1279 times)

Offline cahrens

• View Profile
CS to HX controller upgrade
« on: April 15, 2021, 11:36:12 AM »
I'm upgrading a CS controller to an HX controller. The CS controller has a 2GB flash and is running 6.2.x software. Can I take the Flash out of the CS controller and put it  in the HX controller and boot it up? 

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: CS to HX controller upgrade
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 09:13:37 PM »
I'm upgrading a CS controller to an HX controller. The CS controller has a 2GB flash and is running 6.2.x software. Can I take the Flash out of the CS controller and put it  in the HX controller and boot it up?
No... You will need a new flash card with a new serial numbers, and to do a sysid swap in AMC and get a new license file.

Basically, backup the database, use the database converter to convert it from a CS to HX database and migrate releases if necessary, then restore the converted database into the new controller and upload the new license key file.

Offline cahrens

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 11:11:46 AM »
Actually it did work. I took the flash out of the CS Controller and installed in the HX controller and it booted, to my surprise. Then I upgraded the software to the latest. It's all good.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 11:17:31 AM »
cahrens,

It shouldn't be a surprise that it worked, but you will want to go in and fix the DB due to the additional resources as they will be turned off; Single Line and Trunks.

They both use the same Processor Family (Mindspeed) to work and the only big difference is the form factor and resources. The HX will convert the DB from a CS to an HX when the system comes online for the first time.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10