Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 2479 times)

Offline jimbob76

• View Profile
Hello All
« on: April 13, 2021, 02:43:27 PM »
Hello Everyone.

Time to introduce myself. My name is J. I am an SDM, PM in IT of 20+ years. Live in the UK etc.

Right well this isn't a dating app sooo...

As Johnny 5 says... I need input!!

Its why we all come here isn't it?

So i have been handed a request to install 3 digital phones from a Phybridge. I haven't dealt with a phybridge setup before. The site layout is.

Two buildings with links between. Main comms room with Phybridge units x2 and a Main voice frame in building A which in turn links via a 100 pair voice to a DP in building B and that DP links to a cat5 panel in a cabinet in building B.

Within Building B from the cabinet there are Cat 5 outlets to the offices where the phones are required. There are also Voice outlets next to each data outlet. ie building B can operate either structured or unstructured.

The question i have is how i link all this up?

As far as I can understand from a brief look.

In Building B. Plug digital phones into cat5 outlets.  In cabinet link from wall outlet patch panel to "100Pair" voice patch panel.
In Building A. Link from other end of 100 pair on Main voice frame to Phybridge.

Is this right? How do i create the link in Building A from Voice frame to Phybridge?
What are the implications of running the 3 digital lines over the 100 pair in terms of crossover impact on other pairs of non digital lines?

Any help or advice much appreciated.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 06:27:28 PM »
jimbob76,

I think you are confused as to what a Phybridge is. It is to allow IP Phones to go across UTP cabling across long distances; basically acts like a local DSL.

I don't think this is going to work for you with Digital Phones.

A PoLRE Phybridge can come in different forms, but if you have the one with the Amphenol connectors on it then you would tail that out to a block and then cross-connect a pair for each phone through to where it needs to go. On the other end, at the jack, you will have a dongle that will take the signal from the Phybridge and power the phone and send it the data packets; they do get hot so don't cover them.

Sorry,

TE

Offline jimbob76

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 02:32:36 PM »
Surely that’s essentially what i am proposing.

Phybridge switch to voice frame in building A. 3x digital phones so 3 pairs on a block of 100pair across to building B DP. From Dp to voice panel. Voice panel patched to data patch panel ports corresponding to required position of new phones, at data wall ports install a filter for each phone and plug phones into filters?

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 03:50:24 PM »
jimbob by "Digital Phones" what model phones do you mean?

Offline jimbob76

• View Profile

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2021, 07:17:06 AM »
jimbob76,

What is the part number for the Phybridge you are using so we can look it up?

Typically, the Phybridge is connected via a patchcord to the Network that the Phone System is connected to, but if you have one for Analog and Digital phone then you would have to have an Input and an Output on the Phybridge for that to work.

My guess is that the distance is too long for the Phone System to support an Analog or Digital Phone?

Thanks,

TE

Offline jimbob76

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2021, 04:41:41 PM »
Unbelievably i forgot to write down which one it is and have now forgotten what it looks like.
Fairly certain it was a PolrE version with a single connector not a double But could have been a flex unit will need to see if I can pop in to site tomorrow to double check which it is.

In terms of length. The 100pair voice is between 100-200m in length at a guess around 150m between comms building A and DP in building B.

Only other option would be fibre but existing fibre only has 2 spare cores.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10