Author Topic: CID from AA  (Read 1047 times)

Offline zstray

• Contributer
    • View Profile
CID from AA
« on: April 13, 2021, 09:24:23 AM »
Hello, I'm new to the Mitel 5000 that I got second hand along with the 5330e Phones.

When Auto Attendant passes a call to the extension the caller chooses the caller ID will give the number calling on the first line and on the second line will give the AA's extension.
Am I able to replace the 2nd line with the name of the original caller?

Thanks for any advice!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 10:51:18 AM by zstray »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CID from AA
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 05:37:38 PM »
zstray,

The short answer is yes, the long answer is maybe.

When a call is transferred there is a Transient Display that shows the Name/Number of the caller and where it is Transferred from.

If you are not at the latest version of software you can shorten the Transient Display Timer down by adding your users to the

This flag is located in:

System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > {Local} > {Phone Ext} > Flags > Alternate Transient Display

System > Phone-Related Information > Flags > Alternate Transient Display

This flag, if enabled, allows the length of time the transient displays will remain visible to be controlled by the "Alternate Transient Display" timer. If this flag is disabled, transient displays will remain visible for 5 seconds. In the default state, it is disabled.

The timer is located in:

System > Timers and Limits > Digital/IP Phone Alternate Transient Display Timer (1 - 255) tenths of a second [Default: 10]

I would set this timer to 1 if you don't want to see it at all.

Another option would be to give the users a Feature Code Button to change the display to show the Name instead of the number.

This feature codes is located in:

System > Devices and Feature Codes > Feature Codes > Display Outside Party Name On/Off [Default: 379]

This feature does however require the flag Display Outside Party Name to be turned on; which it is by default.

This feature is located in:

System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > {Local} > {Phone Ext} > Flags > Display Outside Party Name

System > Phone-Related Information > Flags > Display Outside Party Name

The last option is only if you are 6.3+

They added a phone flag Display CID on Ringing that removes the Transient Display information for a ringing phone.

System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > {Local} > {Phone Ext} > Flags > Display CID on Ringing

System > Phone-Related Information > Flags > Display CID on Ringing

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10