Author Topic: embeded voicemail - menu node - day / night mode greetings  (Read 1344 times)

Offline ausername

• View Profile
embeded voicemail - menu node - day / night mode greetings
« on: April 08, 2021, 09:35:28 AM »
Hey guys,

Something new has been happening recently and I don't understand where that change came from.  It's as if menu node voicemail boxes now have an option to record a greeting message for day mode and night mode seperately which I don't think was the case before.  If possible,  we would like to remove that functionality and simply record 1 greeting messages for each menu nodes.

thanks!

Offline bajangerry

• View Profile
Re: embeded voicemail - menu node - day / night mode greetings
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 09:57:06 AM »
ausername

These are Open/Closed greetings, note the comment below from the Help. Maybe you could just upload the same greeting for both Open and Closed?

To configure the Mailbox Greetings:

Access the System Administrator's mailbox.

Press [2] for the Edit Mailbox menu.

Enter the mailbox number to edit.

Press # repeatedly until prompted to enter a Technician's function code.

Enter the desired Non-busy option from the table above.

The Technician's function code prompt repeats. Enter the desired Busy option from the table above.

Repeat for other mailboxes are required.

To download an audio file containing a mailbox greeting:

System Audio Files Update form

Select Mailbox Greeting

Enter the Mailbox Number

Select the Greeting Type: Main/Business Open, Business Closed, Temporary, or Name

NOTE: Business Closed greeting is supported only for Multi-level Auto Attendant (MLAA) menu node mailboxes.

Browse to choose the audio file

Click Update

Offline ausername

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 11:44:01 AM »
thank you for your input!  It has guided me through the following path:

It seems only MLAA greeting messages are affected.  I got my hands on the daily backup and I found the audio file that are used for the open business hours for the problematic extensions.  I imported those files (.vox extensions) into Audacity (raw mode,  u-law,  8KHz, mono) and I exported them as a .wav with the same settings.   I will then upload them to their specific greeting message for the closed business hours greeting using the recommended "System Audio File Update" form.

That way, there shouldn't be any differences bettwen open / closed business hours greeting messages and the user does'nt have to record the message again.

Offline bajangerry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 02:01:13 PM »
Just wanted to add this extremely useful website that you can convert your audio file with quick and easily without having to install and apps etc. Very useful when on site at a customer and not having your Audacity app available.

https://g711.org/

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10