Author Topic: Music On Hold recorder question  (Read 1334 times)

Offline Rishi

• View Profile
Music On Hold recorder question
« on: April 07, 2021, 09:03:02 AM »
We have a music on hold tape recorder that has been connected for years. We just canceled a marketing service that apparently provided this device so now they want it back. As far as I can tell, this device just loads the tape recording into the Mitel system, then basically sits there otherwise. Can I just unplug this device and return it, or is there something that I need to do first? I'm under the impression that our on hold music will still continue to play since it should be loaded onto the Mitel system, correct?

Thanks.

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
Re: Music On Hold recorder question
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 11:34:16 AM »
Most likely the tape is the media that is playing.   The 250 also has an option for File Based MOH, but it requires a license.

Power it down, call into the system, and place yourself on hold.   If you hear nothing, then you have your answer. 

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 12:07:51 PM »
Just look at the MOH source in programming.

Offline Rishi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 01:20:47 PM »
Hmm, so when I go to an individual phone or trunk group and look at the "Audio for calls holding for this device", they all appear to say MOH port and Music on Hold is MOH port as well.

When I check File-based MOH under System, it's empty.

However, if I go to Software License, next to "File-based MOH Sources" the value is 2.

Does this mean it's currently playing from the tape, but I should be able to set it up as file-based? Is purchasing this device an option as well? I actually just assumed we owned it all this time.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 01:38:03 PM »
Since you have the licenses, I would use file-based. We ditched our external MOH devices years ago.

Offline Rishi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 01:03:53 PM »
Thank you. Given that my level of phone troubleshooting is primarily using this forum, is using file-based MOH fairly straightforward?

I'm thinking I would buy a tape player that converts tape to a digital file (probably mp3), then I may need to convert it to a .wav file with specific bitrate settings. Assuming all that works, do I just, more or less, upload that file and update the phone system to point to it?

I could contact phone support if necessary as well, but this seems more of an IT issue, which I'm fine handling.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 01:12:27 PM »
File-based MOH uses a proprietary format. There is a conversion utility, if you have appropriate user permission to access it. Check the Help files for details.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10